Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
looking for the perfect snack >

looking for the perfect snack

looking for the perfect snack

Old 10-20-2012, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by colleenzchaos View Post
Next weekend I am joining my quilting guild for a wonderful weekend quilt camp. We are supposed to bring a snack. Any ideas? I am leaning towards something like gorp or chex mix but I sure would love hear your ideas.
Have you tried Bugles w/Caramel or Bugles with chocolate and peanut butter - to die for! Trust me. Are they ever good! Mercy. Edie
Old 10-20-2012, 04:39 AM

Mix together the deluxe mixed nuts, raisins, dried pineapple chunks, and M&M's. Very good, and at least a little healthy!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:43 AM

Mix cashew pieces with candy corn. Sweet and salty and yummy.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:32 AM

[QUOTE=Tothill;5597723]Good Old Raisins and Peanuts. Much better with salted peanuts and chocolate added.

Add candy corn to this. Color and tastes good besides!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
at our retreat the motto is "if it ain't chocolate, don't bother!".........but I also see fruit, crackers and a fabulous dip of cream cheese with honey mustard poured over it. We try to bring things that won't dirty our hands so we can eat and sew at the same time.
I love cream cheese with cocktail sauce or pepper jelly poured over it with Town House crackers. Really good! But you will have sticky fingers. Put out some hand wipes along side! Have fun! Wish I could come!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Dix

My group loves my old, old favorite of my Grandpa's! When I was a child, he always mixed candy corn and redskin peanuts. I have noticed this year there are several flavors of candy corn! I like the new flavors, but family, not so much! So I will stick to the old plain corn with greasy salted peanuts!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 AM

does anyone remember or know how to make "white trash?" I think it's something with chex and covered with powdered sugar. Can't remember what else. Actually you could put whatever with powdered sugar and there you go!
Especially like strawberries and other fruit for dipping! yum!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:43 AM

Chex mix is always popular. Thers a lot of recipes out there. New ones with the new Chex cereals, cinnamon/chocolate.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 AM

I bring a big jar of mixed nuts or smoked almonds.You can always rub off the access salt and there is not a nut that is bad for you unless you are allergic.With the mixes there are a lot of preservatives and carbs I do not want.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Helen6869 View Post
does anyone remember or know how to make "white trash?" I think it's something with chex and covered with powdered sugar. Can't remember what else. Actually you could put whatever with powdered sugar and there you go!
Especially like strawberries and other fruit for dipping! yum!
I'm new to the Board, so no avatar yet, but did want to reply to your "white trash" question. Our white trash is a mixture of nuts (whatever you want), small pretzels, m&m's, chex cereal and cheerios (and whatever else I think might taste good). Mix together in large bowl. Melt white chocolate (I use double boiler - sometimes microwave) and pour over your mixture. Mix well. Pour onto waxed paper (makes it easier for me), or in a large flat pan. Let it sit until it's cool, then just break it into pieces. We've used this for years and everyone loves it. And it will keep in the refrigerator, or on the counter, for months. Sorry - I never measure anything, so I can't give amounts.