Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Tried & True Cookies

Blog Entries

Looking For Tried & True Cookies

Will be going to a cookie exchange with DD next mo.There will be 8ppl & everyone tries to bring their best cookies.I have all the standard recipes. Looking for outstanding cookies.
    Pat C

Sounds like this is for Christmas. I have made cookie platters for years, in the beginning from need and now for enjoyment. I am not a fan of rolling and cutting out cookies but have one receipe that requires that, Cream Wafers. The others are drop cookies that I love; Pistachio Nut, Andes Mint Cookies, Ricotta Cheese Cookies, Cappuccino Crinkles, Butter Horns (uses jam for a filling), Peanut Butter Blossoms and the most favorite has been the Christmas Mouse cookies made from peanut butter dough, uses mini chocolate chips for eyes, mini mm for the nose, peanut halves for ears and a red licorice string for the tail. They take a little time but have always been the sentimental favorite.
    If any of these interest you, pm me and I will share the recipes. The Andes mint cookies have the recipe on the outside of the package, you only need one package for them. Remember to use butter, fresh ingredients and you will be fine.
    diane richardson
    Project Linus Springfield/Branson
    We Make a Difference 1 Stitch at a Time
    www.orgsites.com/mo/net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiane318 View Post
    Sounds like this is for Christmas. I have made cookie platters for years, in the beginning from need and now for enjoyment. I am not a fan of rolling and cutting out cookies but have one receipe that requires that, Cream Wafers. The others are drop cookies that I love; Pistachio Nut, Andes Mint Cookies, Ricotta Cheese Cookies, Cappuccino Crinkles, Butter Horns (uses jam for a filling), Peanut Butter Blossoms and the most favorite has been the Christmas Mouse cookies made from peanut butter dough, uses mini chocolate chips for eyes, mini mm for the nose, peanut halves for ears and a red licorice string for the tail. They take a little time but have always been the sentimental favorite.
    If any of these interest you, pm me and I will share the recipes. The Andes mint cookies have the recipe on the outside of the package, you only need one package for them. Remember to use butter, fresh ingredients and you will be fine.
    Love the mice but cannot find the red licorice string anywhere.
    May your bobbins always be full and may your stash be never ending.

Blog Entries
    Thank you.I received several sites & now have a bunch of recipes.Next mo will be here so quickly & that means we'll all be hip deep in Christmas plans.
    Pat C

Senior Member Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt's Avatar
    Oh they sound wonderful, I just might try the little mice this yeat, my grandchildren will love those

These are very popular on a UK forum I go on, everyone calls them twinks

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...70&postcount=4

Land O lakes has some good recipes. How about lady locks.
    LC

Love Butterscotch Gingerbread cookies! One of my favorites.

I am going to make those Janie, they are great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast