Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Low salt chicken thighs in balsamic vinegar for two >

Low salt chicken thighs in balsamic vinegar for two

Low salt chicken thighs in balsamic vinegar for two

Old 09-18-2016, 10:46 AM

Default Low salt chicken thighs in balsamic vinegar for two

I've been modifying my recipes so that there is less salt in them to help my husband comply with a low salt diet, and make the recipes servings reduced to two. Once you delete the salt, most recipes can be bland and this adds flavor to them.

Chicken in Bamlsamic Vinegar

2 chick thighs, 39 mg each - how much salt this contains will depend on the size of the thighs
1/3 cup balsamice vinegar, 0 mg - again you have to read the bottle label as some have salt in them
1 teaspoon brown sugar 0 mg
6 scallions, white part only 0mg
1 tablespoon olive oil 0mg

Mix together the balsamic viengar and brown sugar and set aside.

Cut the white bottom parts off of 6 green onions, about 3 inches, and set aside.

Pour olive oil into a non-stitck pan. Place thighs skin side down in pan. Cook covered on medium heat until the skin is browned and a little crispy. Remove skin from thigh and throw away. Return thighs to pan with the skin (now removed) side up.

Pour vinegar mixture over the chicken and place 3 onions on top of each thigh. Cover pan and continue cooking and baste with vinegar a few times unitl meat is done and the sauce is cooked down to a syrupy consistency. If sauce gets too thick before chicken is cooked, add some water to it.

Place thighs on plate with 3 onions on top. Pour off any oil on top of the vinegar and spoon about a tablespoon of sauce over the chicken.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:35 AM

Thanks for sharing......sounds DELISH! I'm in love with balsamic and could almost drink it. ;-)
Old 09-19-2016, 07:15 AM

I like to use the Kraft Lite Balsamic dressing as a marinate on chicken before grilling them. Soooo tasty!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:47 PM

Sounds like a winner.....THANKS!
Old 09-19-2016, 03:02 PM

I like to use zesty Italian salad dressing as a marinade for chicken breasts, then use the marinade to cook green beans in. I do boil the salad dressing before adding the green beans. Serve the whole thing on some Jasmine rice, with a small fruit and nut salad on the side. Yummy!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:43 AM

I very seldom read the recipes since I don't do much in the line of cooking. Have a zillion recipes collected over many years but have a few favorites... easy ones since my husband died last year. This one caught my eye. I like dark meat and the fact that it was for two meant that I didn't have to divide and conquer. Looks good and will try it as soon as I get the ingredients. Thank you.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
Thanks for sharing......sounds DELISH! I'm in love with balsamic and could almost drink it. ;-)
People actually do just drink balsamic vinegar! Sort of an after dinner "digestion" thing I think. Usually, it's the more expensive and aged ones that they drink. My nephew bought a $30 bottle of it and we sipped it. I rather liked it, but I prefer ice cream after dinner!