Magic Reindeer Food
20 oz vanilla candy coating
1 1/2 cups mini pretzel
3/4 cup cocktail peanuts
5 1/2 cup Cheerios®
4 1/2 cup rice chex®
12 oz plain M&Ms®
1. Cut 2 long pieces of waxed paper and masking tape them together to make a
double wide sheet to spread mixture on.
2. Combine pretzels, peanuts, Cheerios and rice squares in a VERY large
3. Cut candy coating into pieces and place in a glass container and microwave on High 2 1/2
minutes or until it can be stirred smooth. Add melted candy coating to above
mixture, tossing to coat.
4. Stir in M & M's.
5. Spread mixture onto wax paper, and sprinkle with sugars. Let stand 30
minutes. Break into pieces.
6. Can be used for any holiday, by changing colors of M & M's and colored
Buying holiday M & M's and using corresponding colored sugars,
make this a treat for any holiday of the year.
The cheapest place I have found the vanilla candy coating is at Sam's Club. Get the Ghirardelli
White Chocolate Flavor Candy Making & Dipping Bar. One of these 2.5 lb boxes makes 2
batches of this mix.
Recipe Source: Adapted from 1999 Southern Living Annual Recipes