Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Mixed Fruit Jelly >

Mixed Fruit Jelly

Mixed Fruit Jelly

Old 08-17-2014, 11:26 AM

Default Mixed Fruit Jelly

My DH just picked 3 - 4 quart bowls of Concord grapes. Made one batch of grape jelly and have juice for over 2 more batches. Does anyone have a good recipe that they have used to make a mixed fruit jelly. I did find one through google but wondered if anyone had a tried and true recipe. I also have fresh raspberries and cherry juice. If it is too hot to make the jelly at the time of picking, I make the juice and freeze it. Usually I make some for the holidays to give as gifts. It appears my friends really like this little treat. 
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 08-18-2014, 02:52 AM

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/mixed-fruit-jelly

<cite class="_Ed">chickensintheroad.com/farm-bell-recipes/mixed-fruit-jelly/</cite>

<cite class="_Ed">www.freshpreserving.com/recipes/mixed-berry-jelly</cite>
Old 08-18-2014, 02:54 AM

I make a lot of mixed fruit jams. This year I made banana-rhubarb and black raspberry-nectarine. I do it when I don't have enough of the main fruit. I look at the recipes on the Certo directions, find the appropriate recipes for each fruit, and adjust the sugar accordingly. For example, if raspberries require less sugar than peaches/nectarines, because I am adding nectarines to the mix, I add a little more sugar. It's never a lot, and I've never had a failure this way. I assume you could do the same with jelly.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:00 AM

I have used apple juice to stretch leftover juice that doesn't measure up to amount needed for full batch.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:16 AM

the old fashioned way is to use sugar to pulp at a ratio of 1:2. Two parts sugar to one part pulp. If your fruit is very ripe, then you need to add lemon juice or some underripe fruit to raise pectin levels. I find that if i'm going to make jams the old fashioned way with the modern twist of pectin, that it works best to cook sugar and fruit for a bit until it has reached almost soft ball stage ( slides slowly down a chilled plate) and then add the liquid pectin according to the recipe amounts included as to how much pectin to use. I mix fruit all the time and am successful.
Plums and blueberries and blackberries with allspice, cloves, cinnamon and grated fresh ginger makes a great combination.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:30 PM

Go to pinterest and enter "mixed fruit jelly" in the search area. You'll have plenty to choose fro
Old 09-10-2014, 03:17 AM

Anyone here to tell the recipe of Galaxy Orange Marmalade? I am from Afghanistan and i want to know how can i make the marmalade at home.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:07 AM

I just want to say, that second picture looks pretty enough to be in a country magazine!