1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin Spanish olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
5 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Coarsely ground pepper to taste
1flank steak 1-11/4 lbs butterflied
2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers halved, fire roasted skinned and cut into strips
3 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro leaves
8 thin slices prosciutto
1/4 cup chopped pitted Spanish manzanilla olives
1/4 cup golden raisins
12 to 16 fresh spinach leaves stems removed
Fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a shallow non reactive baking dish add the butterflied flank steak and turn to coat marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours turning steak twice.
2. After steak has marinaded scrape it mostly clean reserving it for later use. lay steak open on a piece of aluminum foil on a flat surface
3. Preheat oven to 350*
4. Cover steak with the roasted peppers strips Sprinkle with cilantro. Cover with prosciutto. Evenly distribute the surface with olives and raisins and top with spinach leaves then black pepper and salt to taste.
5. With long side of the steak facing you carefully lift from foil and roll it tightly away from you in a jelly roll fashion. Tie at 2 to 3 inch intervals using kitchen string.
6. Place in a shallow baking dish and pour the reserved marinade on top. Bake until browned and cooked trough about 45-50 minutes basting once or twice with pan juices. Let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices.
I serve it with twice baked potatoes, black beans and Caesar salad.
Left overs make an amazing sandwich.