Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Need treats for quilt meeting >

Need treats for quilt meeting

Need treats for quilt meeting

Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 AM

Default Need treats for quilt meeting

Oh, my, I need ideas for treats to serve at quilt meeting next week. Some thoughts would be home made cinnamon rolls, banana bread, or what can y'all suggest? And recipe for them would help. Of course, hot tea and steaming coffee will be served and bottles of ice cold water. I serve buffet style, come and go as often as they like. Any ideas?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by adamae View Post
Oh, my, I need ideas for treats to serve at quilt meeting next week. Some thoughts would be home made cinnamon rolls, banana bread, or what can y'all suggest? And recipe for them would help. Of course, hot tea and steaming coffee will be served and bottles of ice cold water. I serve buffet style, come and go as often as they like. Any ideas?
A bowl of fresh fruit always goes great with either breads or cin. rolls
Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM

Fruit salad,selection of cookies,stuffed mushrooms,cheese & crackers,layer salad, lemon bars.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

I would tailor my recipe choice depending on utensils/plates being available or just napkins for finger foods?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:05 PM

Not sure what kind of spread you intend, or the timing of it, but my favorite now a days is fresh vegetables. Since more and more people are diagnosed with diabetes fresh vegetable and some high grain crackers and cheese are a welcome site to me. Fresh fruit is nice too, but still high in sugar unless you are talking strawberries and the various other berries. I personally cannot use the fake sugars, so when someone tells me they are "sugar free" that isn't necessarily a good thing. Good luck!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 PM

Quiltingcandy, mentioning strawberries really made me think...what is more seasonal than strawberries in Spring and easy. Think it will be my choice for the fruit I am still in a tizzy thinking about stuffed mushrooms.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

C ... H ... O ... C ... O ... L ... A ... T... E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you really want to be "talked about" and loved for what you did ... provide some melted chocolate in a mini crockpot as a dipper for all that fresh fruit suggested above !
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
yel

a friend goes to walmart and get the filo dough.mini already made cups ...mixes cream cheese and marshmellow cream with a dash of vanilla .....fills the cups ....puts a blueberry and a piece of strawberry and a piece of kiwi on top they are tasty and look so good .....
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 PM

Is this a day or evening meeting? Anything mini- muffins, quiche, cheesecakes, cookies, etc. I find finger foods are the easiest to handle as my walking is unsteady and I have to use a cane. It is hard to handle slices of breads or anything hot without being messy if I have to balance a plate. Fruit salad is a favorite when I am able to carry it in a cup, not plate. I also carry bottled water so I don't have to worry about spilling. What time should I show up?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by adamae View Post
Mini Quiche (frozen section of grocery) are really great.