Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: NO FAIL Chocolate Fudge

NO FAIL Chocolate Fudge

Hi everyone. With so much activity and interest in Chocolate Fudge, I would love to share MY recipe too!
    My sister actually gave me this recipe and it is, in fact, everywhere. I have made it tons of times and I promise you, you will lOVE it. Your friends and family will think you are a candy making genius too!!!
    Its a little more than chocolate and Icing but well worth the ingredients and effort. Watch the video here
    and then share with me your thoughts. http://gourmetcandymaker.com/super-e...ocolate-fudge/

The recipe is:
    18 ounces PREMIUM chocolate (Flavor of your choice, milk, dark or white chocolate)
    14 ounces Bordens Condensed Milk
    1 TSP of PURE VANILLA (Not imitation please)
    1/4 TSP Sea Salt... regular salt is fine too.

8″X 8″ lined pan
    Heat Bordens Condensed milk just until it budbbles around the edges.
    Melt premium chocolate in Microwave (Small bursts, careful NOT to burn)
    Combine both ingredients in heat safe bowl, add vanilla and sea salt and stir stir stir.
    When thoroughly stirred it will look almost fluffy. Turn out into 8X8 pan and cool until firm.

Cut into 1″ to 1 1/2″ squares and serve.
    For a thicker slice of fudge, double the recipe and use the same 8″ X 8″ pan.

A nice HOLIDAY VARIATION

DARK CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FUDGE
    Dark chocolate Instead of milk chocolate (Same quantity)
    Add 1/2 CUP crushed peppermint candy canes (just before you pour into pan)
    Decorate top with crushed peppermint pieces.
    Cut into 1″ squares and serve (small is good with this rich treat)
    For a thicker slice of fudge, double the recipe and add 1 CUP crushed peppermint pieces.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone

This is the fudge I have made for over 30 years. People can't believe it is this easy when they taste it. Time to make some more!

Pat

I think i'll try this . I just posted wanting advice with making fudge.
    Donna

Blog Entries
    Is that supose to be bordens sweetend condensed milk?

This sounds perfect.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Red face

What is "Premium" chocolate. Is that a brand? Is it different from Baker's Chocolate? Is it chocolate chips? I want to try it.
    ​Jumpin' Judy

Blog Entries
    Heres the Chocolate fudge recipe I use.

1-12oz package of chocolate chips melted
    1-8oz package of room temperature cream cheese
    1- 1pound box of powdered sugar
    1/2 cup chopped nuts

While you are melting the chocolate chips, mix well the room temperature cream cheese and all the powdered sugar.Pour the melted chocolate into that mixture.Stire in nuts. Quickly pour onto a cookie sheet and let harden. Cut into bite sized peices. Enjoy.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Blog Entries
    hmmmm sounds so good, thank you gals for sharing.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by jumpin' judy View Post
    What is "Premium" chocolate. Is that a brand? Is it different from Baker's Chocolate? Is it chocolate chips? I want to try it.
    ME TOO! I would like to know what kind of choclate it is! Thanks

Premium simply means real Chocolate containing all three cocoa ingredients: Cocoa Powder (solids) Cocoa butter and cocoa liquor. There are many wonderful brands: Merckens, Callebaut, Peters. Premium chocolate MUST BE tempered and will never contain a tropical oil in place of cocoa butter. Premium chocolate or REAL chocolate will note the cocoa content on the wrapper. Chocolate Chips, compound or Wiltons Meltaways are NOT real chocolate. Bakers chocolate is real chocolate but contains little or no sugar or milk products. It is processed quickly so does not have the smooth mouth feel of premium chocolate. Check out this link for a somplete explaination of grades of chocolate and how to select the right one for your project/recipe. http://gourmetcandymaker.com/select-the-best-chocolate/
    BTW you can buy Merckens chocolate through Amazon.com Look for flavors: Yucatan for Dark and Marquis for milk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast