Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a Recipe, But Need Help With Burned Pot

When I use to live in Mexico we used dirt and scrubbed a scorched pot. I haven't had it fail yet even though I've never been back in over 25 yrs.
    Family is a priority, not a convenience!
    Take time to be friendly... It's the road to happiness.
    Take time to give... It is too short a day to be selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
    I wonder, would this also work for the burner grates that has burned on crud on them?
    I had read several places on the web including Pinterest that putting your grates in a plastic garbage bag with one cup of sudsy ammonia. Seal it and leave it overnight, also suggested that this is done on the patio or outside. Remove the grates and rinse with water, repeat if necessary.

I have the enameled gray over cast iron grates on my gas range and it works with them.
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Thanks QB Members! Used the baking soda/water method (or I should say my DD did) and voila! One super clean pot. Now, what can I burn this week? Maybe I'll make soup...liquids usually don't burn! LOL

Anita
    Anita

I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!

Blog Entries
    How about using one of those spray on oven cleaners and let it sit for a while. I used oven cleaner once a long while ago and it worked. You might have to do it a couple of times to get all the black off. Good luck!

Just reporting in....I did soak with the fabric sheets...and I am so happy...the pan is saved!!! The burned bottom released after soaking overnight with the fabric softner. THANK_YOU to those of you that suggested that!!!

Blog Entries
    Glad the dryer sheets worked for you, Patchsamkim! Somewhere I saw a list of things used dryer sheets can do. Most were cleaning ideas. We use them for soaking burnt on casseroles, etc. They also removed those ugly brown spots on the casseroles. They they remove the gunk from around spigots and such in the kitchen and bathroom. Sure wish I could find that 100 uses list again. Now you have a pan that looks good again. YIppee!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

baking soda and bit of water, let it sit a day or two

I just burned my stainless steel pot when I left orange marmalade over night on the stove, about an inch of black charcoal on the bottom of the pot. Came off beautifully with baking soda soak.

If heat burned it on, use cold water and dish detergent. Soak over night. Using heat to clean up something that heat caused does not make sense. And using poisonous items and solutions to clean something you serve food out of does not make sense to me either. No thanks.

If heat caused the issue, use cold water. Vice versa.

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    Get as much scraped off as possible and sprinkle Barkeeper's Friend on the bottom and let set a few minutes and take a damp dishcloth and rub it in until it's clean. I do this with my stainless pressure cookers. I have burned them pretty bad and I always get them like new again. Hope it works for you.

Use a Fabric Softener Sheet and Hot water let it set and all of the burnt stuff will magically come lose.
    Retta97

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast