Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Peach Pie Made With Frozen Peaches >

Peach Pie Made With Frozen Peaches

Peach Pie Made With Frozen Peaches

Old 08-30-2014, 11:20 AM

Default Peach Pie Made With Frozen Peaches

I have to make a peach pie using frozen peaches. Does anyone have a recipe or suggestions so it doesn't turn out runny or with a soggy crust. Should I thaw the peaches and thicken the juices before baking? Thanks.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:30 AM

When I did it, I did thaw the peaches and drained them. It wouldn't hurt to save the juice and it you need it add a little. The recipe called for some flour so I didn't thicken it before cooking. I use the Pampered Chef deep dish pie plate so always put in a lot more fruit than it calls for and cook it longer than an average pie. (Now I want to make a peach pie - that is my favorite, or is it cherry, then there is an apple and oh, blueberry, and blackberry... I love them all.)
Old 08-30-2014, 12:07 PM

*** Make a Peach Cobbler and only use a top crust.

*** Add a few small Dumpling and it will thicken the juice.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:18 PM

I always seem to be using frozen peaches. This is the time of year to get wonderful Colorado peaches which I freeze in freezer bags. When ready to make apie I thaw and cook in a large pot with a tiny bit of water. Then when it comes to a simmer I add sugar and thickener (I use cornstarch so it is clear) and any seasonings I want). Simmer until clear and pour into my prepared crust. Top with crust and put in 375 degree oven and bake until crust is golden. I sprinkle a little sugar on top before baking which helps brown crust. Since the filling is cooked all you have to do is bake the crust. Yummy.

Last edited by Novice.for.now; 08-30-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:21 AM

Thanks for your help. I have to make two pies for our church pig roast tomorrow. The deserts are all homemade fruit pies.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:58 AM

Here is what I do with my frozen peaches. Thaw peaches. Measure
4 cups peaches
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
seasoning of choice
Place in pie shell. Cover with top crust. Vent. Bake at 375 until crust is golden brown.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:57 AM

I prebake the bottom crust for 5 or 6 minutes so its not raw before I put them in it. also thaw them completely. they are no different than canned pie filling when defrosted. add a bit of corn starch to the mixture before tossing the in the pie crust and you wont have trouble. it thickens nicely make sure its mixed with a bit of water first so its not lumpy is all. I hate soggy crust on the bottom so seriously try this first. it does not over cook your crust and you can always line the edge with foil to cover it for half the time to keep it from over cooking if its getting to brown.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:12 AM

I always like to cook my frozen fruit on top of the stove, for Pie's. That way when I cut my pie's there are no surprises!
(runny)