these have that crispy crust on top just like boxed brownies, but they are SO much tastier.
Perfect Chocolate Brownies
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I left these out, obviously)
1. Preheat oven to 350 ° F
2. Line a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick foil OR line it with regular foil and butter the foil.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat, then stir in cocoa.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Mix in sugar and vanilla then mix in eggs one at a time.
6. Stir in remaining ingredients then stir in nuts if using them.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Cool completely before cutting into 2x2" squares.