Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Potato Kugel AKA Kugelis >

Potato Kugel AKA Kugelis

Potato Kugel AKA Kugelis

Old 09-19-2014, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
Hi Woodster...just wanted to say hello from someone who lives about 10 miles from Nashua. Still has a large Lithuanian population. Did you ever live up here?
Hi, Anita...

No, I never lived up there, but visited Nashua and Hollis many times. My maternal grandparents lived in Hollis and had an antique store in the barn attached to their house. We used to love it up there. I haven't been that way in 40 years - yikes - but did make it to Maine last summer. Those same grands also had an antique shop in Lincolnville Beach after they had left Hollis. Also have an aunt/uncle that used to live in Salem, and an uncle that used to live somewhere around there that I can't remember....they've all gone to live in Florida.......
Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 PM

Was your grandparent's last name Pelletier perhaps? Just asking as this sounds like a description of someone I've heard of - they, too, had an antique store/general type store in a barn attached to their house. There is an auction gallery on that property now. Hollis has grown tremendously in the past 15 or so years - they probably wouldn't recognize it at all. Small world. Sorry, don't know where Lincolnville Beach is. Our place in northern Maine is close to the Canadian border - about as far north as you can go and still be in the US. Glad to hear from you, Woodster!