Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
power pressure cooker Xl >

power pressure cooker Xl

power pressure cooker Xl

Old 02-15-2016, 08:13 PM

Default power pressure cooker Xl

I got one for xmas and omg I love it!!! It makes meal preps so much faster and it also seems tastier also. Roast beef is excellent in it. On those busy busy days, it definitely worth having one. I use mine almost daily which cuts down running the oven for a few hours. there are many different kinds on amazon but I like the power pressure xl one the best. check it out folks. You wont be sorry.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:48 PM

I love cooking in my pressure cooker too.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by lildinks2013 View Post
I got one for xmas and omg I love it!!! It makes meal preps so much faster and it also seems tastier also. Roast beef is excellent in it. On those busy busy days, it definitely worth having one. I use mine almost daily which cuts down running the oven for a few hours. there are many different kinds on amazon but I like the power pressure xl one the best. check it out folks. You wont be sorry.
i've been using a pressure cooker for 40+ years. Not sure how I would cook without it! Chuck roasts, spare ribs, round steak, whole chicken legs. You can buy the cheaper cuts & still have wonderful out comes. Veggies just take minutes, and no opening of cans! Glad you are having fun with it. And she's right you won't be sorry you own one. If you are new to it start slow. Side dishes, the more times you use it the more you'll want to use it!
Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Interesting. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:51 PM

I watched an infomercial on these not too long ago.....as he was dishing out the contents...it all looked soft, mushy and somethings unappealing to me at least. I do have a pressure cooker...the old fashioned kind with that little steam released rocker...that one I do use, but with it, I can cook in "layers", meaning meat first, quick cool down, add veggies and then continue....whereas this one is like dump and cook......all gets mushed together. I really considered it until I saw the " finished" products.......just me.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:40 PM

I bought one for BFF for her Birthday and she is in love with it....... She loves having dinner in under 30 min. from frozen to serving......... even her hubby uses it!!! .I just wish they made a smaller version for one......I would buy one for sure......
Old 02-16-2016, 09:08 PM

I thawed a butt ham by just bringing it up to pressure!
I have used a stove top PC for years.
I cook my potatoes in a PC for mashed potatoes, then add butter, can milk S&P.
Friends and family rave about them. I think it is becouse the potatoes are not water logged. I cut them up and just bring them up to pressure no need to cook longer.
Meatballs [frozen]and sauce plus extra water for 10 mins, and the flavor is thought out the meatballs. then cook it down.
Cook your roast with a large potato, when done remove and puree the potato with added water and add back to roast with veggies and pressure for 5 mins.
The puree potato will make your gravy for you.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:32 AM

My very favorite thing to cook in my electric pressure cooker is ravioli and meatballs. It cooks both from frozen and give the ravioli so much flavor.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by luv-e View Post
I bought one for BFF for her Birthday and she is in love with it....... She loves having dinner in under 30 min. from frozen to serving......... even her hubby uses it!!! .I just wish they made a smaller version for one......I would buy one for sure......
Not sure if it is the same but I do see some 4 qt pressure cooks when I googled. LOL, also found 6 qts in the electric.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:47 AM

I have the 6 qt. electric pressure cooker. I love how easy it is to use. I never used the stove top version, my Mom does to this day. I make my spaghetti sauce in it. Let it cook on low pressure for about 30 minutes. It comes out tasting like it was simmered for hours on the stop top. I also makes stews, cabbage rolls, pulled pork, even rabbit spaghetti in it.