Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Pressure Cooker >

Pressure Cooker

Pressure Cooker

Old 10-27-2010, 11:11 AM

I have a 4qt electric pressure cooker & need to use it more.Any tried & true recipes out there? The recipe brochures that come with them are a joke.

Today I cooked a small roast with onion & baby carrots for supper..Oh,my... had to do the taste test & it's wonderful.

Going to cook cabbage wedges in the PC to go with.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Google Goddess

what brand of pressure cooker did you buy?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM
np3
Power Poster

I bought one and haven't found a recipe to try yet. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:34 AM

I have QVC's Cooks'Essentials as do both DDs.They use them a lot & I'm trying to get up to speed with mine.

Originally Posted by craftybear
what brand of pressure cooker did you buy?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:36 PM

Presto is brand of mine. It is not electric, use on stove top. You can cook most anything on PC. Try any recipe that you normally cook, it only takes less time. did a beef roast with patotoes and carrots for supper last night. Tomorrow will be chicken.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:26 AM

My Mother used a Presto for many yrs & she cooked great food with it.DD has a PC cookbook I intend to borrow.Do you cook cabbage in the PC.The wedges usually need more time, but times listed on line don't work.

Originally Posted by sewgull
Presto is brand of mine. It is not electric, use on stove top. You can cook most anything on PC. Try any recipe that you normally cook, it only takes less time. did a beef roast with patotoes and carrots for supper last night. Tomorrow will be chicken.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:54 AM

Cabbage works in PC. If you have digestive problems cooking cabbage in PC is great. PC breaks down the harse fiber so it is eaiser to digest. I cut cabbage up rather into wedges.
Have you tried cooking potatoes along with the cabbage. My family loves it cooked together. I have even added about 1/2 of a small bell pepper.
Good Eats.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 AM

I have a Stainless Steel pressure cooker from T-Fal. It's not electric.

I always cook Green beans/ham/potatoes in mine. Potatoes (peeled & cut into chunks)on bottom, then large can of cut green beans with the juice, then ham cubes on top. Bring it up to pressure & cook about 20 minutes.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 AM

Fresh cooked green beans are awesome in the pressure cooker and so is corn on the cob.I have the cooks essentials and I can't imagine being with out it.Corn on the cob is so tender and fresh.Just add one cup of water and cook for three minutes.I put 6 ears of corn in the pressure cooker.I have an 8 quart.No more boiling water on the stove top for me.No heating up the kitchen.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:05 AM

I just picked up my new Presto 4 qt stainless steel PC yesterday!! I followed the directions for beef stew in the accompanying recipe booklet- against my better judgement. It said to cook the beef for 8 minutes- cool immediately- cook potatoes and veggies for 3 minutes- instant cool down. I just knew that wouldn't be long enough because my old PC took forever. Boy was I wrong! It was wonderful. Can't wait to use it again. Looking for recipes and ideas now.