Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   5 minute chocolate mug cake (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/5-minute-chocolate-mug-cake-t81644.html)

Psychomomquilter 12-09-2010 07:23 AM

4 tablespoon flour
4 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoon milk
3 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoon chocolate chips( optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug(microwaveable)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix ewll. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk, oil and mix well. Add chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, mix again. Put mug into the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed. Allow to cool a little , and tip ouut onto a plate if desired.

EAT! ( This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why isthis the most dangerous cake recipe in the world??
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of day or night!

luv-e 12-09-2010 11:05 AM

Can't have too much CHOCOLATE cake ready in 5 min. @ your fingertips........hehehehehehe
:thumbup:

livenlearn124 12-09-2010 11:33 AM

mmmmmm this could be so very dangerous! =)

Granna of 5 12-09-2010 05:46 PM

This sounds great.

cheryl rearick 12-09-2010 09:23 PM

phycomomquilter, thank you for the recipe cake in a mug..... My grandchildren will love this. Now I don't have to figure out what to do with the left overs...... hmmmm use to eat it myself hahaha....

Psychomomquilter 12-10-2010 03:58 AM

Dangerous! Beware is all I can say, but still enjoy! And what is so good, the grand kids can make it as well....

CarrieAnne 12-10-2010 06:00 AM

Thanks!

chance 12-10-2010 08:45 AM

Love this - can't wait 5 minutes so I put up all the dry ingredients in several little snack bags - all I have to do is stir in the wet stuff and press a button. Makes nice little Christmas gifts.

quiltymom 12-10-2010 09:50 AM

I have the microwave cookbook for cakes in a mug only problem is some things needed to make you can't find like some of the flavored pudding so dissapointing. But the ones you can find things for are WONDERFUl!!!!

pgthom 12-10-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
4 tablespoon flour
4 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoon milk
3 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoon chocolate chips( optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug(microwaveable)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix ewll. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk, oil and mix well. Add chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, mix again. Put mug into the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed. Allow to cool a little , and tip ouut onto a plate if desired.

EAT! ( This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why isthis the most dangerous cake recipe in the world??
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of day or night!

Sorry, but I don't believe the words "virtuous" and "chocolate" can be used in the same post!!! Doesn't that just seem not right?? LOL!