Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Banana Split Cake (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/banana-split-cake-t223354.html)

#1piecemaker 06-09-2013 08:50 PM

Banana Split Cake

5 bananas
2 sticks oleo
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 eggs
1 (No2) can crushed pineapple drained
1 large container Cool Whip
1sm. bottle cherries
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shopped nuts

Melt one stick oleo and mix with crumbs and press into a 9x13 inch pan.Beat until fluffy 1 stick oleo, eggs, and sugar. Spread over crust.Cover with sliced bananas.Then spread pineapple and cool whip. Sprinkle with nuts and cherries.Let set in refrigerator for 4to 5 hours.

This is so good!

mjhaess 06-10-2013 04:38 AM

Thanks sounds good but do you use pasteurized eggs or just raw in your recipe ?

pocoellie 06-10-2013 04:45 AM

I have a similar recipe. It is a very good recipe, mine also calls for 2 eggs and I just use eggs from the store, for mjhaess question. Never had a problem.

Barb in Louisiana 06-10-2013 05:45 AM

I have made this recipe for years. I, too, have never had any problems with the eggs. I think the pineapple juice is so acidic that it keeps the eggs from creating problems. Everyone always liked it, but then, I added chopped pecans to the crust mixture & now everyone raves about it. I love that you almost have to make it the day before, that way you are not up at the crack of dawn cooking to take something to a potluck lunch or dinner.

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 6113697)
5 bananas
2 sticks oleo
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 eggs
1 (No2) can crushed pineapple drained
1 large container Cool Whip
1sm. bottle cherries
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shopped nuts

Melt one stick oleo and mix with crumbs and press into a 9x13 inch pan.Beat until fluffy 1 stick oleo, eggs, and sugar. Spread over crust.Cover with sliced bananas.Then spread pineapple and cool whip. Sprinkle with nuts and cherries.Let set in refrigerator for 4to 5 hours.

This is so good!

Jingle 06-11-2013 07:38 AM

Sounds good to me. Some foreign countries still don't the refrigeration like we do. Eggs and milk are not kept cool. People there are not dropping like flies either. Keeping it cold would keep it from spoiling.

Psychomomquilter 06-16-2013 03:35 AM

does sound good, and guess I have to be the wet blanket, but can a person with diabetes eat this, looks high with stuff I can't eat. I'd even try it anyway!

T. 06-18-2013 01:17 PM

I have a dumb question: you don't bake this cake? how do the eggs cook?

Elisabrat 06-19-2013 04:18 AM

bigger dumb question what the heck is oleo?

Psychomomquilter 06-30-2013 04:20 AM

margarine, like blue bonnet , or even crock pot, oleo is an older version of margarine, well you call it dumb, I call it butter, so we are even :thumbup:oh ands it is NOT butter......

quilterj 07-03-2013 12:52 AM

Oh i I love this recipe. I haven't made this one in along time.