Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Best crockpot roast ever! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/best-crockpot-roast-ever-t241954.html)

ShabbyTabby 02-24-2014 09:02 PM

Best crockpot roast ever!

I found this on facebook and tried it...OMG it's absolutely the best pot roast I have ever had.

1 4 or 5# boneless chuck roast
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 pkg. dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 pkg. dry Au Jus mix
1 cup beef broth

Mix all dry mixes in the one cup of broth until all dissolved. Put roast in crockpot, pour broth mixture over. Set crockpot on low for 8 hours.

That's it...couldn't be easier. I served mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli with it. The gravy from the pot is great over the potatoes.

DebbieJJ 02-25-2014 05:12 AM

Thanks, it does sound mouth-watering.......and I've been wanting roast!

moonrise 02-25-2014 05:33 AM

I made a roast very similar to your recipe, and it was a HUGE hit with DH! :thumbup: I even liked it, and I don't like ranch dressing or peppers. LOL!

Mississippi Roast

1 Roast
1 Pkg Au Jus Mix
1 Pkg Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
5 Pepperoncini Peppers (comes in a jar; usually found with the pickles)
1 Stick of Butter (I've used 1/2 a stick and it comes out just fine)

Put the roast in the crock pot. (You can use tenderizer if the roast isn't that great a cut.) Don't add water or other liquids. Sprinkle on the au jus mix and the ranch dressing mix. Lay the butter on top of the roast (you can cut the butter into chunks if you want). Lay the 5 peppers on top of the roast, around the butter.

Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until roast is done.

It makes its own juice, which you can make into gravy or serve as dipping sauce.

YUM! :thumbup:

Yooper32 02-25-2014 07:10 AM

Now you all have my salivary glands working overtime.

misseva 02-25-2014 10:37 AM

My crock pot roast always gets rave reviews and all I do is put roast in crock, salt & pepper, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup next morning it's ready to eat.

mjhaess 02-25-2014 02:27 PM

Thanks for sharing...

Carol Ann 02-25-2014 04:11 PM

I also enjoy this beef pot roast except I don't use the Au Jus mix. I mix all the dry ingredients together then pour over the pot roast. Add one cup of water all around the roast. Sometimes I add carrots, potatoes, and onions before I put the roast in.

meanmom 02-25-2014 04:41 PM

I have made this many times. I always get compliments on it. I use dry gravy mix instead of the au jus mix. It also makes excellent beef stew. I often drop the roast in the crock pot frozen solid in the morning and it is perfect when I get home.

Karen Mc 02-25-2014 05:06 PM

Thank you for this! It is making me hungry!

annie123 02-25-2014 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by misseva (Post 6595754)
My crock pot roast always gets rave reviews and all I do is put roast in crock, salt & pepper, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup next morning it's ready to eat.

Do you cook this overnight and eat it in the morning? How long do you cook it?