Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Chocolate macaroon tunnel cake (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/chocolate-macaroon-tunnel-cake-t166675.html)

kacklebird 11-06-2011 05:33 PM

Chocolate macaroon tunnel cake

CHOCOLATE MACAROON TUNNEL CAKE

1 cup of butter or margarine, softened
3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 teaspoons coconut flavoring, divided
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk

-Beat butter at medium speed for 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until yellow disappears.
-Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
-Stir togther 1 cup batter, flaked coconut and 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring in a small bowl.
-Stir cocoa into remaining batter. Reserve 2 cups chocolate batter. Pour remaining chocolate batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan. Spoon coconut batter over center of chocolate batter, making sure not to touch sides of pan. Top with reserved chocolate batter.
-Bake 325 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
-Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes, remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
-Stir together powdered sugar, milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of coconut flavoring. Drizzle over cake.

ENJOY

Keep Them In Stitches 11-06-2011 05:50 PM

Sounds great. Don't know how to bookmark this page so am writing it down.

kacklebird 11-07-2011 04:11 AM

Sue - I don't know how to bookmark anymore either. Hoping I'll figure it out.

lizzy 11-07-2011 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Keep Them In Stitches (Post 4643844)

With all these wonderful coconut recipes, you bet I will find out how to bookmark.

SueDor 11-07-2011 04:43 AM

How to Bookmar: Top page right above posting Click on Thread tools, click on subscrbe and anwers both topcs.

Recipe sounds good

pansypenny 11-07-2011 05:26 AM

I've found it's sometimes more convenient to print recipes (just as I do photos of quilts) by just RIGHT clicking mouse...select "print picture" and, presto, I have a hard copy. Probably deletes all the calories too, huh?

Ann L 11-10-2011 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by SueDor (Post 4645373)
How to Bookmar: Top page right above posting Click on Thread tools, click on subscrbe and anwers both topcs.

Recipe sounds good

Thanks Sue, I am learning my way around slowly, but surely. I printed it just in case. :)

spartan quilter 11-10-2011 05:37 PM

I agree with the book mark thing, so what I do now, is that I highlight whatever, in this case, the recipe, then do a right click on it, and scroll down and hit the copy button, and paste it into a blank word document. Then, I print it off. One of the ways that I am dealing with the new board.

Originally Posted by Keep Them In Stitches (Post 4643844)

Ann L 11-25-2011 02:25 AM

My GD and I fixed this yesterday, It was a hit. thanks.

quilter1942 11-25-2011 06:35 PM

I just printed it.Had to reduce the size to 70%.Thanks,love choclate and coconut