Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   easy crockpot steak (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/easy-crockpot-steak-t167770.html)

Scissor Queen 11-11-2011 08:00 PM

easy crockpot steak

You need three things, meat, cream of soup and Lipton soup.

Any sliced beef or pork steaks will work. Round, chuck, and arm beef steaks all work well.

Mix one can of cream of something soup, mushroom, onion or celery all work, with one packet of Lipton onion or onion-mushroom soup. Smear the soup mix over the steaks as you put them in the crock. The soup will make a really good gravy. I make either instant mashed or a package of the steamer mashed and a green veggie to go along with it.

QuiltnLady1 11-11-2011 08:05 PM

Sounds yummy!! Thanks! I use that lipton soup mix for a lot of my meat cooking and this sounds good.

JusticeClan 11-12-2011 05:32 AM

This sounds really good. I'm assuming you cook until tender but approx. how long will it take to cook?

Scissor Queen 11-12-2011 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by JusticeClan (Post 4669543)
This sounds really good. I'm assuming you cook until tender but approx. how long will it take to cook?

It kind of depends on how much meat you put in and how big your crock pot is but it should be done in 6 hours on low.

SEW 11-12-2011 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen (Post 4668595)
You need three things, meat, cream of soup and Lipton soup.

Any sliced beef or pork steaks will work. Round, chuck, and arm beef steaks all work well.

Mix one can of cream of something soup, mushroom, onion or celery all work, with one packet of Lipton onion or onion-mushroom soup. Smear the soup mix over the steaks as you put them in the crock. The soup will make a really good gravy. I make either instant mashed or a package of the steamer mashed and a green veggie to go along with it.

Sounds delicious! I have all the ingredients in house and I think I will make this for Sunday dinner tomorrow! Thanks!

mayday 11-13-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by scissor queen (Post 4668595)
you need three things, meat, cream of soup and lipton soup.

Mix one can of cream of something soup, mushroom, onion or celery all work, with one packet of lipton onion or onion-mushroom soup. Smear the soup mix over the steaks as you put them in the crock. The soup will make a really good gravy. I make either instant mashed or a package of the steamer mashed and a green veggie to go along with it.

fresh green vegetables?

Stitchnripper 11-16-2011 02:59 PM

This is a great combo. I've used it on different kinds/cuts of meat. Never been disappointed.

Another combo I've used on chicken is: chicken, one envelope onion soup, one small jar orange marmalade. Or substitute salsa for the marmalade. It makes plenty of "juice" without adding liquid.