Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   French Onion Soup -- Crockpot!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/french-onion-soup-crockpot-t201903.html)

MamaBear61 10-03-2012 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5559559)
You bet! .... so long as DH loves onions!!!! :)
as the IPM? (I know, wet!)... and are you heading to the RAWF?

My DH likes "food" :-)

We really enjoyed the IPM and since we were not on site on opening day we missed the rain and mud. We did have rain around the noon hour on Thursday and the tented city was a little "greasy" for a couple of hours, but it was surprising how quickly it dried out (a benefit of a sand/loam site). We booked an rv site for next year.

We don't have any plans to go the Royal (my nephew isn't showing there this year), but we don't have much planned beyond Thanksgiving right now (b'days of the two youngest grands)

QuiltE 10-04-2012 04:03 PM

A good man he is ... like food ... and probably a typical farmer, who cares what, so long as there's lots of it and it's good!

Glad things went so well at the IPM for you ... good you missed the start! Yes, pretty nice land in that area, that I figured it should dry out easy enough. Quite a change from the previous time it was at that location ... hot and windy ... talk about sandstorm! I was a long time getting over that with all the crud in my throat/lungs!

Next year? ... isn't that virtually on your doorstep? Or am I confuse don the years?

RAWF ... if you're going, it's looking like I'lll be there throughout. To be confirmed, but right now it seems like it will be.

Talk to you later ...... and let me know about that soup!

MamaBear61 10-06-2012 05:51 AM

Yes, next year it is in Mitchell, celebrating 100 years back where it all began. We are going to the RV park anyway since the camping fee includes the armbands for the week and there is entertainment every night too. Lots of fun.

QuiltE 10-06-2012 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61 (Post 5565687)
Yes, next year it is in Mitchell, celebrating 100 years back where it all began. We are going to the RV park anyway since the camping fee includes the armbands for the week and there is entertainment every night too. Lots of fun.

I knew the Centennial Celebrations were next year, but did not know the significance of the location. Will it be on the same site as well? WOW!

Are you going to be involved in the planning and prep?
At least get yourself on the Quilt Committee! :)

I hear the partying at the site is the reason to go ... so good for you for doing so, rather than saying, oh can come from home! :)

Phannie1 10-06-2012 06:21 AM

I love Onion soup. I was at a French Restuarant and they had the best soup I had ever had and I asked them about it. They said they used Chicken broth instead of beef. It gave it a mellow flavor. That is now how I make it.

susiequilt 10-07-2012 08:54 AM

I may try this soon! Only going to be 85 degrees today so that is fall in FL!

Next I will try it this way!

Originally Posted by Phannie1 (Post 5565769)
I love Onion soup. I was at a French Restuarant and they had the best soup I had ever had and I asked them about it. They said they used Chicken broth instead of beef. It gave it a mellow flavor. That is now how I make it.

QuiltE 10-11-2012 05:13 AM

Alas! I finally posted the Creamed Onion recipe I promised .....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes...k-t202928.htmll

Raw onions, I thank you not.
Cooked onions ... oh how sweet it is! :)

MamaBear61 10-27-2012 02:19 PM

QuiltE,
We made this recipe while camping last week and it was a hit. My BIL & SIL also thought it was GREAT. The trailer did smell a litttle like a hot dog truck (fried onions) but it was well worth it :-)

QuiltE 10-27-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61 (Post 5616812)
QuiltE,
We made this recipe while camping last week and it was a hit. My BIL & SIL also thought it was GREAT. The trailer did smell a litttle like a hot dog truck (fried onions) but it was well worth it :-)

Glad it was enjoyed by all!!
... but Oh Myyy .... nice smell when cooking, but lingering? ... I'm not sure! :)
For your onion loving family, try the creamed ones.
Plus they are a perfect addition to your Christmas Turkey's trimmings too.

4EVERquilt 10-28-2012 09:45 PM

This sounds soooo good, I have to try it.