Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   French Silk Pie? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/french-silk-pie-t205472.html)

MaggieBB 11-08-2012 02:14 PM

French Silk Pie?

Many years ago I used to make a chocolate french pie, it was a no-bake that was really good. I think it had cream cheese in it but can't remember the portions or the rest of the ingredients !!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtquilts 11-08-2012 02:41 PM

Hello, MaggieBB! Here is a recipe for French Silk Pie that I used to use all of the time. I don't cook near like I used to so I haven't made this in a looong time.

Use your favorite pie crust recipe. This recipe uses a Graham Cracker crust.

Filling: 1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
4 T. cocoa
3 extra large eggs
pinch of salt

Prepare crust.
To prepare filling, cream butter, sugar and cocoa for a minimum of 5 minutes. Scrape bowl often. Add each egg separately and beat for a full 5 minutes after the addition of each egg. Scrape bowl often. Pour into cool pie crust and refrigerate. Garnish with whipped cream and or nuts or chocolate curls.

Hope this helps!

sassey 11-08-2012 02:45 PM

sounds good untill i got to raw egg part afraid to eat raw eggs

Grammy-Gram 11-09-2012 05:06 PM

French silk pie

Originally Posted by sassey (Post 5643955)
sounds good untill i got to raw egg part afraid to eat raw eggs

I have made this same pie for husband and boys since my hubby and I got married ny that was 40 years ago. (that we got married, that is). Both of my sons love this recipe ny so do their families and no one hs ever gotten sick. It is truly rich and delicious nd their eyes light up when they see that it is for dessert. Enjoy.

Grammy-Gram

Dandish 11-10-2012 12:07 PM

or you can buy pasturized eggs at the grocer (sometimes you find them, sometimes not).

Jodi's Sew Happy 11-11-2012 09:10 AM

You can also use egg beater because they are pasteurized. I did the raw eggs for years no one ever got sick. I now own an Assited Living for elderly and definitely don't use raw eggs.

Learner747 11-25-2012 01:49 PM

I used your recipe and it was a hit! The pie disappeared within minutes. Thank you!

LivelyLady 12-08-2012 07:36 PM

As long as the shell isn't cracked, the egg inside is sterile. It's the shell that you should be concerned about because of where the eggs comes out of , but a bleach bath or boiling for 20 seconds will sterilize the shell. Can't wait to try the pie!!

Brovy 12-09-2012 02:37 AM

I like this recipe but if egg is use to make it then i feel bad because i don;t like egg. Anyway nice idea and i will try.

nygal 12-09-2012 05:08 AM

I make a similar chocolate pie recipe as jtquilts but mine you separate the eggs and beat the egg whites to stiff then slowly fold them into the chocolate mixture. It also calls for raw eggs. I've been making the recipe for over 20 years and I pray over the eggs and we've never had a problem with them at all.