Fresh Apple Cake
1 ¼ cups oil
2 cups sugar
3 whole eggs
1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup chopped nuts
3 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 stick margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla after this has boiled and cooled a little.
1. Mix cake ingredients in order given.
2. Grease, flour and sprinkle baking pan lightly with cinnamon.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
4. Let cake cool while making glaze.
5. Bring ingredients for glaze to a rolling boil; stirring constantly. Let cool slightly, add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
6. Pour over cake. Will crystallize.
This sounds really good. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.
What size/style pan to you use?
I have a recipe very similar to this one and I love it! The cake is so moist. I like to bake them in the fall. I always bring one to the office and send one in to my husband's office.
I'm sorry...I should have put that. I use a 9" X 13" pan. I also dust it with sifted confectioner's sugar when I serve it. You can't really put it on ahead of time because the cake is so moist it dissolves the sugar!!
Sounds great. What size pan did you use?
Ooooah. That sounds so good. I must try it a there is an apple orchard near by and I can get fresh apples. Thanks for posting the recipe.