Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Garden pizza (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/garden-pizza-t229961.html)

lildinks2013 09-11-2013 09:58 AM

Garden pizza

GARDEN PIZZA

2 packages of Crescent dinner rolls.
8oz cream cheese.
1/2c. hellmans mayo
1 teasp. onion flakes.
1/2 teasp garlic salt.
1 c. chopped green pepper.
1 c. chopped carrots.
1 c. chopped tomatos.
1/2 c. chopped onions.
1 c. chopped broccoli.
sliced black olives
* I ususally double the filling ingrediants as its so good.
Unroll crescent rolls and flatten in a pan with sides. Press out until the pan is covered. Bake according to directions. Let cool. Mix the cream chesse, mayo, onion flake, garlic salt (or powder) together and spread over the cooled crust. Then sprinkle the veggies on top over teh cheese mixture. Chill till serving time. Enjoy!

QuiltE 09-11-2013 01:51 PM

I've loved this since I first attended a Pampered Chef party. I often add in thinly sliced carrots and celery as well as sliced mushrooms.

Mine has evolved to include cheese, like any pizza would .... shredded cheddar over top!!

It tastes better when made a day ahead, to let the flavours savour to the best!

pocoellie 09-11-2013 01:58 PM

It sounds absolutely delicious. I will have to try it soon.

lildinks2013 09-11-2013 03:25 PM

This has always been a hit no matter the occassion. QuiltE, I will have to try your version. Sounds yummy.

QuiltE 09-11-2013 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by lildinks2013 (Post 6287739)
This has always been a hit no matter the occassion. QuiltE, I will have to try your version. Sounds yummy.

You can never go wrong with cheese!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Nanny's dollface 09-11-2013 05:40 PM

This sounds yummy with the cheese! Will try it out this weekend but will need to call it something other than pizza for DH to eat. Lol he is ground Boston and if it does not have tomato sauce, pepperoni, and cheese then it's not a pizza.

BCM 09-12-2013 06:45 AM

This sounds absolutely delicious. I am wondering how finely you chopped vegetables to achieve the best outcome.

QuiltE 09-12-2013 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by BCM (Post 6288991)
This sounds absolutely delicious. I am wondering how finely you chopped vegetables to achieve the best outcome.

I like mine sliced thin, more so than chopped fine ... identifiable!
Plus it makes for a nice colourful presentation.

When I make mine, I do it on circular pizza pans, then stack them in the frig, for at least 24 hours.
That seems to help "stick" the pieces in place, so that when you eat, you do not have them all dumping off and into your lap! :D:D:D

An easy shortcut is to buy the pre-mixed cream cheese with the herbs mixed in. and just spread it on.

tessagin 09-12-2013 08:37 AM

Will have to try it. I've done pizzas with tortillas (flour). Heated tortilla in microwave to crisp up and heated leftover veggies. Spread your cheese and mayo mix over the tortilla, top with veggies and add more cheese. Either way is yummy.

QuiltE 09-12-2013 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface (Post 6287998)
This sounds yummy with the cheese! Will try it out this weekend but will need to call it something other than pizza for DH to eat. Lol he is ground Boston and if it does not have tomato sauce, pepperoni, and cheese then it's not a pizza.

\

I call it Bugs Bunny Pizza, for all the veggies .... maybe you could do a take off from that and just call it Bugs Bunny Squares?