Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   How often do you eat or serve dessert? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/how-often-do-you-eat-serve-dessert-t217765.html)

alwayslearning 03-31-2013 11:55 AM

My father grew up having dessert every day. My mother solved that by giving it to him in his lunch. We only had it on special occasions. If there were fresh berries my mother made pies. She was a wonderful baker. My husband and I rarely have dessert at home, but love it out, once in a while. I often make it for our community pot luck. Have to try out some of the wonderful recipes I have seen on here!

redquilter 03-31-2013 12:15 PM

Dessert is not a regular part of our daily life, but I do make and serve something when we have company. Even if it's the kids and grands. I used to do a lot of baking, but we would have something later in the evening or whenever, not right after a meal. Now, because of various issues, we watch our diets more closely.

MNquiltlady 03-31-2013 07:04 PM

I don't make desert very often, my husband would like to have a desert every night if it were up to him but he doesn't do meal making(I prefer he stay out of the kitchen)!!!!!!!!!!!

mjhaess 04-01-2013 07:28 AM

I rarely eat dessert...I will serve it if I have company but if i made it all the time I would eat it and probably be the size of a house.....LOL...

huntannette 04-01-2013 07:37 AM

My problem is I love baking......lol I don`t bake everyday but I love to on special occasions.....birthdays, Christmas, Easter, other special occasions....or just to try a new recipe.....I really have to hold back because I`d be baking everyday ....cakes, pies, mufffins, etc etc etc lol my favorite is chocolat cake , so is my son`s fav, my hubby loves apple pie, I also make a delcious carrot cake, one of my grandaughter love my carrot cake( not the same recipe) with butterscotch sauce, my bro-in-law love my pistachio cupcakes, I have a lot of favorite recipes ......yum!!! lol

quiltstringz 04-01-2013 08:13 AM

We only have dessert on special occassions - Holidays, birthdays, etc. We love our regular meal and seldom have room for anything else

CarolinaCottonCompany 04-02-2013 09:52 AM

I agree 100%..even if it is NOT so sweet or just a nibble... it helps me eat my veggies.. ;)

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr (Post 5964915)
what's a meal without dessert? Need I say more?

Ashjoy 04-02-2013 09:58 AM

We don't serve dessert unless its a holiday. But I do bake cookies often and we keep frozen snacks in the freezer. They are mostly for my husband.

maminstl 04-02-2013 11:53 AM

My father, in his mid 80's, comes to my house for dinner every Sunday - so on Sunday I make dessert because he likes it. Other than that, a square of chocolate in the evening is all I generally want.

Stitchnripper 04-06-2013 05:19 AM

With company, always, but, we don't have company as much as we used to. No family nearby. Mr. Stitchnripper and I enjoy a cookie or a tiny sweet along with decaf tea later in the evening.