Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   ISO - A really good margarita recipe. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/iso-really-good-margarita-recipe-t169599.html)

annthreecats 11-23-2011 01:14 PM

ISO - A really good margarita recipe.

I love margaritas and it's time I learned to make them at home. Please give me your best margarita recipe. Thanks so much.

DogHouseMom 11-23-2011 02:21 PM

I can't help you with the recipe BUT I will share a secret with you. A friend of mine turned me on to this .... drop a piemento stuffed green olive in your Marg! HONEST!! I'm talking about the regular Marg - not the "frozen" ones - the real one with salt around the rim. The sourness/saltiness of the Marg goes perfect with the Olive, and the Olive is SO YUMMY when it's been drinking for a while!!!

Last year at a resort in Jamaica I was drinking them. This year when I went back, the bar tender (who we became friends with, and remain friends with) is now serving Marg's with Olives "Sue style". Said his customers think he's nuts at first, then they try them and they're amazed.

annthreecats 11-23-2011 06:22 PM

Thanks for the tip. Sounds delish.

dreamquilter 11-24-2011 04:56 AM

One part frozen limeade, one part tequila, two parts Sprite or Mountain Dew. (for instance, 6 oz frozen limeade, 6 oz tequila, and 12 oz Sprite or Mountain Dew). I use diet drinks - I know you're not supposed to, but there's so much sugar in the limeade, I figure it offsets the alcohol enough! The sodas should be cold. Stir and serve over ice. Simple and yummy. Enjoy!

quiltbuddy 11-24-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 4714156)
I can't help you with the recipe BUT I will share a secret with you. A friend of mine turned me on to this .... drop a piemento stuffed green olive in your Marg! HONEST!! I'm talking about the regular Marg - not the "frozen" ones - the real one with salt around the rim. The sourness/saltiness of the Marg goes perfect with the Olive, and the Olive is SO YUMMY when it's been drinking for a while!!!

Last year at a resort in Jamaica I was drinking them. This year when I went back, the bar tender (who we became friends with, and remain friends with) is now serving Marg's with Olives "Sue style". Said his customers think he's nuts at first, then they try them and they're amazed.

This has nothing to do with margaritas, can't help you there, but I have had beer with an green olive in it. Some places in the Rocky Mountain west serve it this way. Also with tomato juice, very good on a hot day.

quilter1 11-24-2011 05:54 AM

We love margaritas, and this summer my DH perfected this recipe (in my opinion).

Prepare the glasses by moistening the rim with lime rind then dip it in a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of sea salt and sugar. This makes so much difference! We keep a small jar of the mix in the pantry and pour out a little into a saucer as needed.
Prepare a simple syrup by boiling equal parts water and white sugar. Keep it in a bottle in the fridge. It keeps well for weeks.
In a strong blender: pour 8 ice cubes, juice of 1 large lime or 2 small limes, 1 large jigger (1 1/2 oz) Grand Marnier or Cointreau, 2 jiggers (3 oz) silver tequila, 2 jiggers simple syrup. Blend well until frothy. Pour into prepared glasses. Makes two drinks.
If you want the margarita on the rocks, just stir together and pour over the ice. If you prefer the drink more sweet or less sweet, adjust the simple syrup accordingly.

annthreecats 11-24-2011 11:06 AM

Thank you dreamquilter and quilter1. That's exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate your recipes.

Jackie R 11-24-2011 11:21 AM

Thanks - this sounds yummy. Gonna try this one.

lynnegreen 11-24-2011 11:32 AM

Is anyone interested in a Jalapeno Margarita. We have a recipe for one that is really really good! Takes a bit of prep time before hand, but sooooo worth it.

lucky_alf2 11-24-2011 06:35 PM

Threw a margarita tasting party for cinco de mayo a few years back .... This recipe won hands down as the best. Be careful tho as it will knock your socks off...

http://www.ozols.com/margarit.htm