Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   My Homemade Marshmallows!! Sooooo easy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/my-homemade-marshmallows-sooooo-easy-t230144.html)

lynnie 09-15-2013 05:24 PM

puh-leese, stop showing pictures, I've licked my screen too many times.
I can smell them and wish I could taste them. they look so yummy!!!
i'll pm you my addy so you can send me some.

n2scraplvr 09-15-2013 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by TnBecky (Post 6295919)
I should have asked earlier, but I wasn't thinking. After cutting them do you dust them with powder sugar to keep them from sticking together??? :eek:

They are already sweet enough so I eliminated the powdered sugar on the 2nd batch. The 1st batch I sprayed the pan with Pam and then dusted with the 10x sugar. Then realized it wasn't necessary. Spray the knife with Pam to make cutting easier. Marshmallows will stick together no matter what you do! haha!

n2scraplvr 09-15-2013 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6295961)
puh-leese, stop showing pictures, I've licked my screen too many times.
I can smell them and wish I could taste them. they look so yummy!!!
i'll pm you my addy so you can send me some.

They don't look real until you take a bite out of one!! haha! I would love to send everybody some!!!

If you want them bigger than this, just use a smaller pan!! They'll be triple this size!! Enjoy it!!

TnBecky 09-15-2013 06:07 PM

Thanks for letting me know, I just thought that might help them not to stick together. I wouldn't want them any sweeter. :D I think I will try this for Halloween night, we always have neighbors come here to help give out candy. We sit outside with a fire pit & drink hot chocolate. A wonderful time fime for the children & the grown ups. :thumbup:

n2scraplvr 09-15-2013 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TnBecky (Post 6296057)
Thanks for letting me know, I just thought that might help them not to stick together. I wouldn't want them any sweeter. :D I think I will try this for Halloween night, we always have neighbors come here to help give out candy. We sit outside with a fire pit & drink hot chocolate. A wonderful time fime for the children & the grown ups. :thumbup:

Wow, that sounds great for Halloween night! They'll be a hit! Here's some coating ideas for everyone! I promise, my last pic!!

TnBecky 09-15-2013 06:21 PM

Okay now you are just being cruel, those look fantastically delicious. Yes maybe you should mail out some samples. LOL. Thanks for that wonderful picture. :thumbup:

ppquilter 09-16-2013 07:38 AM

Sounds yummy!

Judie 09-16-2013 08:28 AM

I wonder if you could double this recipe.. of course you'd have to have a bigger bowl... but it seems like it would be worth it.. especially when making them for a gift... has anyone tried that???

Auntevie 09-16-2013 06:06 PM

How much vanilla should I add? Going up to my daughters cabin next week and these will be great to bring for s'mores. Thanks for the recipe!

n2scraplvr 09-16-2013 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judie (Post 6297142)
I wonder if you could double this recipe.. of course you'd have to have a bigger bowl... but it seems like it would be worth it.. especially when making them for a gift... has anyone tried that???

I don't know anyone who has tried a dbl. batch yet, but it would do just fine, go for it! It would be easier to beat 1/2 the batch at a time though! Even if the bowl is large enough, the beaters will be overwhelmed with the full load! I remember after 11 min. of beating that the beaters could hardly handle it as it got so thick that I just had to stop beating it. It should work fine that way!