Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   My new passion - Low Fat Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter! Yummmmmmmm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/my-new-passion-low-fat-banana-pancakes-peanut-butter-yummmmmmmm-t149337.html)

pollyjvan9 08-31-2011 09:43 AM

My precious GGS has been demanding pancakes for breakfast and lunch for 3 days now. My children used to go on binges and I just let them go with it. They usually got tired of it in 2 or 3 days. BUT, back to the pancakes.

Pancakes and peanut butter are two of my weaknesses. I have been on Weight Watchers for 11 weeks and have lost 11 1/2 lbs, so these delicious looking pancakes were calling my name -LOUDLY!

This morning I finally got up the courage to add up the points, and you know what? they aren't that bad at all. 1/3 c Pancake mix w/water = 3 pts; banana = 0 pts; 1 Tblsp peanut butter = 3 1/2 pts; 1/4 c sugar free syrup = 1 pt, for a total of 7 1/2 pts! Who would have thought!

Now, I don't plan on eating this every day, but once or twice a month for Sunday morning breakfast should be okay, don't you think.

What is your food weakness and have you found a sensible way to enjoy it? If so, tell us your secret.

donnajean 08-31-2011 09:55 AM

I've never heard of peanut butter in pancakes. How do you get it to mix in the batter?

arimuse 08-31-2011 09:55 AM

I don't like skim milk, or whole milk, but I did use 2%. However (BIG however here -) I LOVE ice cream. When I was little I wanted it for breakfast so much and mom would say - when you grow up you can eat anything you want, but for now its oatmeal (BTW I do love oatmeal)
anyway - when I "grew up" even til recently ice cream for breakfast was the my norm. But, I know its not good for me, so I switched to: coconut milk, vanilla flavor.
This stuff is the bomb! I dont crave ice cream anymore and it tastes like a milkshake. I drink it instead of any milk. Its actually very healthy. Read the back of a carton for all the info on it. sharet

fatquarters 08-31-2011 09:58 AM

I love peanut butter on pancakes. I use it in place of butter and use syrup too, just load on the calories! Yum

Carrie Jo 08-31-2011 10:03 AM

calories yes,,,but look at it as protein!

MellieKQuilter 08-31-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I've never heard of peanut butter in pancakes. How do you get it to mix in the batter?

I always just spread mine with peanut butter. Oh So YUMMY!

pollyjvan9 08-31-2011 11:29 AM

I should have added that the peanut butter is spread on while it is hot, instead of butter. It is simply delicious. Also, the pancake mix I have calls for milk, egg, & oil, but I used just enough water to make it the consistency I wanted and that is all. It didn't seem to make any difference in the taste, just the calories and fat content.

pollyjvan9 08-31-2011 11:30 AM

I'm going to give that coconut milk a try. I love chocolate milk so I will add fat free chocolate syrup.

leatheflea 09-01-2011 02:56 AM

One of my sons faves!

blueangel 09-01-2011 07:08 AM

I love em too.