Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Need Recipe for Garlic Mashed Potatoes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/need-recipe-garlic-mashed-potatoes-t170771.html)

janice1120 12-03-2011 08:23 AM

Need Recipe for Garlic Mashed Potatoes

The holidays are here. I need a simple, easy recipe for Garlic Mashed Potatoes for 15-20 people. Can anyone help me? Thanks

valleyquiltermo 12-03-2011 08:34 AM

Well if I was making this I would use 1 sm potatoe for each person boil them and drain, add butter and heavy cream and either mash or whip them up adding salt, pepper and garlic in the form of Powder, or minced or liquid to taste.
I hope this helps you.

icon17 12-03-2011 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=janice1120;4746778]The holidays are here. I need a simple, easy recipe for Garlic Mashed Potatoes for 15-20 people. Can anyone help me? Thanks[/QUOTE
Well this turkey day my Daughter made Mash taters, She cheated: Bought the ones that are all ready Mashed put them in her Crock pot to keep them warm!
I think if you would take some Fresh garlic choped up and fry it then add it to the taters, or minced garlic same way and add it to the store bought Mashed taters you would have great fasts ones! :)

icon17 12-03-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by janice1120 (Post 4746778)
The holidays are here. I need a simple, easy recipe for Garlic Mashed Potatoes for 15-20 people. Can anyone help me? Thanks

One other way! I do this: Note while the potatoe cook chop Garlic and cook it and add it to potatoes when you mash them,also don't mash them to well thats the way they do them now at the fancy places.
Yukon Gold potatoes 10 med should do it, wash (don't peal) cut into small cubes 1/2-1/4 size, put into a 1-gallon Freezer bag, zip shut leave small area open to vent! microwave on high 20 min check Turn over if not done add 7 min Carefull HOT
Now you mash!

QKO 12-03-2011 02:28 PM

I just make mashed potatoes the regular way, then when I'm mashing them (actually whipping them) with lots of cream and butter, I throw in a few tablespoons of minced garlic that I get at the grocery store in a jar. Comes out great!

irishrose 12-03-2011 09:42 PM

I use the garlic in a jar, too, plus a 4 ounces or more of cream cheese added along the butter and milk.

granny64 12-04-2011 05:08 AM

Make them like regular mashed potatoes, but roast your garlic in the shell in the oven. The flavor of roasted garlic is absolutely delicious. Brush your garlic with olive oil before roasting. Take out of shell and put into the creamed potatoes.

sandyl 12-04-2011 05:43 AM

We call these party potatoes. For 15-20 folks and 15-20 med. size potatoes
When mashing/whipping add 16 oz. of sour cream and 16 oz of cream cheese and minced garlic. You can put these in a casserole dish and refrigerate until you are ready to serve even a day ahead. Then 30 min. before serving-add a few tablespoons of butter pats on top of the spuds and sprinkle some paprika on top. Bake for 30 min. at 350. They will be totally consumed. And so very tasty.

imdelagarza62 12-04-2011 06:10 AM

I usually boil 4-5 garlic cloves with my potatoes, then mash then adding sour cream and butter, pepper to taste as I usually use chicken broth to boil my potatoes.

Steady Stiching 12-04-2011 07:06 AM

I learned this tip from Food Scientist Alton Brown from the food channel. Garllic powder needs to be reconstituted with water before adding to any food. Make a paste out of it first with water then add to your potatoes (or anything). Food tends to encapsulate dry garlic powder making you use much more than is needed.
Warning: The garlic powder paste is much more powerful than when adding directly to dishes...use a light hand and taste.