Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Not a Recipe, But Need Help With Burned Pot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/not-recipe-but-need-help-burned-pot-t233749.html)

GailG 11-30-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by pcraddock (Post 6380728)
the baking soda trick should work , after you remove from heat let the pot sit til it cools down , usually will loosen right up. good luck

I do the same except I use cream of tartar. Let it boil for a while and then leave covered to cool.

Elisabrat 11-30-2013 06:29 PM

dawn extra dish soup, the blue one, put it with a bit of water soak it for at least an hour (dawn usually works within 5 minutes) and if that doest get it off.. you might want a new pot

QuiltedCello 12-04-2013 01:52 PM

Discovered that after having done the boiling dish soap trick - a heavy layer of baking soda, then dump vinegar on top. Do outside, it makes a mess!

Nephew and I were working out how much of both to use to make a science fair volcano, and I was using the old, couldn't clean out, may as well trash it pot to contain some of the mess. We'd gotten out the volcano amount sorted, then because he's 7 and I'm not exactly mature either, we dumped the last of the box in, then poured the vinegar over top.

Hilariously funny mess, and a clean pot.

Letty 12-17-2013 09:54 AM

Not sure but I have heard putting coca cola in and letting it soak helps -- after all it cleans coins so they gleam like gold !!!! Letty

pattilynn 02-13-2014 09:49 PM

Try oven cleaner. Heat pot and spray with oven cleaner, let set then wipe out and do again. Always works for me

mike'sgirl 04-25-2014 06:37 PM

The next time you burn a pot, pour in white vinegar before you do anything else. Just let it soak over night. I promise it will wash up in the morning.

sweet 05-05-2014 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ (Post 6382502)
Clorox bleach. Pour enough in to cover the burned stuff. Let sit overnight. The burn will probably be floating in the morning. At least that's the way it worked for my burned on spaghetti sauce.

I second this suggestion.

sak658 05-06-2014 02:15 PM

I always take my electric roaster to my daughters when I am cooking a ham..at Easter...after dishes was done and we were ready to come home...the roaster had some burnt juices in the bottom...Our trip home takes about 3 hours...my daughter went and got a dryer sheet and put it in the roaster with a little water...DH set it in the back of the truck...by the time we got home...I went to clean it and there was nothing stuck anymore...cleaned up great...no scrubbing at all..
You learn something new everyday.....and it worked...

KrissyD. 05-09-2014 02:31 PM

Don't know for sure if it will work ,I use spray oven cleaner on my stove top as no one ever thinks to wipe it off after they cook . My oven is self cleaning . I have been using oven cleaner on stove tops & drip pans forever . I took drip pans outside , lay on newspaper & spray away , in a few hours hose them off & they are like new ,but no real work involved. I do use oven cleaner on my black stove & it works great.Heck if the pan is no use as is it would be worth a try .

romanojg 05-11-2014 04:32 AM

Since its stainless steel you can use oven cleaner, it doesn't work if there is a painted surface because it'll strip the paint. I use vinegar or old wine on a HOT burnt pan and let is soak until it cools down and it has always worked. You can even let it simmer with one of these two things as well. Its the deglazing effect on the pan.