Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting Attachment 362638
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (heaping) Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 whole Egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins (optional!)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Softened Butter
- 4 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
- 1/2 pound Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1, Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease 12 muffin tins.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter with two knives or a pastry blender until it is fully incorporated. 3. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla. 4. Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Add raisins. Fold gently until mixture is just combined.
5. Pour into a greased muffin pan—batter hardly ever fills all twelve unless you keep it down to 1/2 full. Sprinkle with5 remaining cinnamon-sugar-nutmeg mixture over the top of each unbaked muffin.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool. 7. Ice with cream cheese frosting.
8. To make the frosting, mix all ingredients on high until soft and whipped. Spread onto completely cooled muffins, or place into a large pastry bag with a large star tip and go crazy! Store in the fridge, as icing will soften at room temperature.
Pumpkin and Cream Muffins
1-1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
1-1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs divided
3/4 cup oil
1 cup canned pumpkin
8 ounce cream cheese soften
1. Combine one cup sugar, flour,cinnamon, baking soda, salt, 2 eggs, oil and pumpkin. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, blend togethercream cheese, remaining sugar, and remaining egg.
3. Pour pumpkin mixture into greasedmuffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Place a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese fillingin the center of each muffin. Sprinkle each with one teaspoon topping mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18minutes. Makes 1 1/2 dozen muffins.
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons butter
Combine all ingredients until crumbly.
This is soo good and easy!
1- spice cake mix
1- can (15oz) pumpkin
1/2 c. water
I also throw in some craisins.
Bake at 350 degrees until done.
Evelyn I wish I had seen your request earlier. I am at work but as soon as I get home I will get the recipe for Pumpkin Roll and send it to you. I know it is too late for your Church social but maybe you can make it for your family later on.
these sound soooooooooooo good! thanks
sounds weird but a small can of pumpkin really thickens and adds to a pot of turkey or chicken soup
betty crocker has a spiced pumpkin cookie mix
Giant grocery has them 2-$4 they a great and easy
I made this yesterday and you are right, it is delicious and so easy. I didn't have a yellow cake so I used a carrot cake mix, sooo good. I also used just one cup of butter and it was fine. Pumpkin pie move over you are my go to recipe.
Originally Posted by rjwilder
Murphy1 ... Thanks for the RR.
Originally Posted by Murphy1
With the way this is made, I am wondering ... does it end up with a pumpkin pie like base and then a cake/crumb topping? Or how would you best describe the end result? Thanks!
Canadain Thanksgiving is this weekend, so perhaps this will be an addition to our menu?
I have used the pumpkin pie dip recipe (w/o orange juice) and it was a huge hit! It's great with crackers and especially yummy with cinnamon bagels! Thanks for reminding me to bring the recipe back out again. :)