Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Smoothies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/smoothies-t215290.html)

quilt queen 03-03-2013 07:21 AM

Great Great ideas, my grandgirls will love these this summer..Texas heat requires something cold every few minutes..thank you all for these ideas!!

topstitch 03-03-2013 03:39 PM

I freeze all my fruit or, in the winter I buy frozen unsweetened fruit. I put yogurt,blueberries and protein in the blender with about one half cup water and mix until smooth. then I add the mixed frozen fruit(strawberries, pineapple, peaches and mango in the package I buy from Walmart) with bananas on top of that. Mix again until smooth again. It is yummy! If the mixture is too thick for your blender add a little more water

Pat75 03-03-2013 05:10 PM

Smoothies

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5900395)
It is a good idea to peel the banana before making a smoothie - peel the avocado and take the pit out, too... I know vitamix says you use peels and seeds and stems and stuff - not my idea of a smoothie though... :hunf:

I make shakes for lunch the minute it gets hot in AZ Use any fruit un flavored yogurt splenda and always a spoon full of vanilla it adds a great taste.

calmarek 03-03-2013 06:33 PM

I make my smoothies using 1 cup soy milk, 1 6-oz container yogurt, any flavor, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 scoop of protein powder and 6 ice cubes. Blend well. I pour it into a large glass and stir in 1 tablespoon flax seed oil. All you really taste are the blueberries and the sweetness of the protein powder! Of course you can substitute any frozen fruit, and you can make it without the protein powder and flaxseed oil, but I like the healthy bonus of adding these ingredients. This is sooooo yummy that I always have to share with my husband and grandson!!

ncsewer 03-04-2013 05:30 PM

In the summer I use orange sherbet and OJ as a smoothie, so refreshing!

mary74 03-04-2013 06:06 PM

I always think about smoothies but wondering what kinds of a blender to get that will truly mix everything smoothly!

Rntraveler 03-04-2013 06:16 PM

My "Ninja" cuts through anything.... make wonderful smoothies with the double blade.

Angellight 03-04-2013 06:43 PM

I have had 2 jaw surgeries resulting in about 12 weeks of no chewing. My neighbor made me one using milk, frozen fruit and a little bit of vanilla coffee creamer I adjusted the recipe this way.
1 envelope of Instant breakfast (extra protein and calcium)
6 oz skim milk
frozen fruit to taste
blend in blender and enjoy.
Favorite flavors were Chocolate instant breakfast with frozen sweet (bing) cherries and an extra squirt of chocolate
The vanilla was good with any variety of fruit. suually strawberry mango, or what ever was in the freezer.
Most people include bananas, but I don't care for them, no matter how good they are supposed to be for me.
Good luck
Susan

miriam 03-05-2013 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rntraveler (Post 5904661)
My "Ninja" cuts through anything.... make wonderful smoothies with the double blade.

It's what I have, too.

Chasing Hawk 03-05-2013 02:49 AM

We use fat free yogurt ice cream and fresh fruit along with some ice.