Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Soft Pretzels.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/soft-pretzels-t157086.html)

SEGASAL 09-30-2011 05:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
these are simple and very good...

blueangel 09-30-2011 05:21 PM

Thanks

whispers38 09-30-2011 05:58 PM

When my oldest son (32 years old now) was in pre school, he came home one day all excited because they had made pretzels. He asked if we could make some. Well, I got out my cookbook and and found a recipe and said okay. At the time he was 5 and his brother was 1. We spent the morning and part of the afternoon making pretzels. When we were all done,my son looked at the pretzels and said "those aren't like the one we made at school" I asked what was different. He said they made the ones that had the white candy on them. He wanted the regular pretzels that were dipped in almond bark. Every year for Christmas I make him the ones with the almond bark on them and he always smiles because he remembers the day we made real pretzels.

Carron 09-30-2011 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by whispers38
When my oldest son (32 years old now) was in pre school, he came home one day all excited because they had made pretzels. He asked if we could make some. Well, I got out my cookbook and and found a recipe and said okay. At the time he was 5 and his brother was 1. We spent the morning and part of the afternoon making pretzels. When we were all done,my son looked at the pretzels and said "those aren't like the one we made at school" I asked what was different. He said they made the ones that had the white candy on them. He wanted the regular pretzels that were dipped in almond bark. Every year for Christmas I make him the ones with the almond bark on them and he always smiles because he remembers the day we made real pretzels.

Nice memory.

COYOTEMAGIC 09-30-2011 06:02 PM

I grew up in South Jersey. Everytime we went "into the city"(Philly) (we don't have real doctors, departments stores, etc where I'm from, lol)We would always get soft pretzels from the street vendors. Nothing beats coming home from and exhausting day of visiting museums, the doctor, or maybe even the zoo than a fresh soft pretzel with a touch of mustard.

CloverPatch 09-30-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
I grew up in South Jersey. Everytime we went "into the city"(Philly) (we don't have real doctors, departments stores, etc where I'm from, lol)We would always get soft pretzels from the street vendors. Nothing beats coming home from and exhausting day of visiting museums, the doctor, or maybe even the zoo than a fresh soft pretzel with a touch of mustard.

Yes Mustard! pretzels should be served with mustard! People around here act like it is the strangest thing.
Go to the mall and they try to get you to get caramel, I say no, you have mustard, I get a weird look (teenagers)
went to the zoo, got a pretzel. They didn't have mustard, she looked at me funny and asked why I wanted mustard.

Oh a salty pretzel with mustard sounds nice right now, and the above post about making them at home makes me wonder if I could.

COYOTEMAGIC 09-30-2011 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC

Yes Mustard! pretzels should be served with mustard! People around here act like it is the strangest thing.
Go to the mall and they try to get you to get caramel, I say no, you have mustard, I get a weird look (teenagers)
went to the zoo, got a pretzel. They didn't have mustard, she looked at me funny and asked why I wanted mustard.

Oh a salty pretzel with mustard sounds nice right now, and the above post about making them at home makes me wonder if I could.

Some of those things they have at the mall are too freaky. The Pretzel are doughie like donuts.The don't have the texture pretzels should have. Then they want to put chocolate, sugar & cinnamon, powdered sugar on the Pretzel!!! Any self respecting pretzel would run the heck away from the fluff and straight to the spicy brown, yellow if they couldn't but at least it was mustard

cjsparks 09-30-2011 07:05 PM

I like them with parmesan cheese on them.

quilter68 09-30-2011 07:41 PM

Philly pretzels and Philly cream cheese! 'Nuff said!

patchsamkim 09-30-2011 07:49 PM

I love pretzels....am going to have to try making these!

Have had pretzels dipped in cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard, and also in chocolate...all are delicious!