Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   St patrick day dessert (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/st-patrick-day-dessert-t182514.html)

sitzy 03-12-2012 03:18 AM

St patrick day dessert

Does anybody have a good dessert recipe they serve for St Patrick day Something green

QuiltE 03-12-2012 06:31 AM

My first thought would be any of those fluffy jello desserts where you mix jello and whipped cream or cool whip, and use green jello.

I'm sure you can get lots of great ideas at
www.kraft.ca
Their recipes are always deliciously wonderful ... I've never been disappointed!

Highmtn 03-12-2012 05:02 PM

I've made two layer (round) vanilla cake (with a splash of extra vanilla in it). Frost it with a green tinted frosting.. like whipped cream or cool whip. Put a small swirl of white cool whip/whipped cream in the top center (like with piping bag and shell decorating tip). Poke a couple nice St. Patty's Day decorations into the top (sometimes you can get those from a good florist).. maybe a hint of green sugar crystals, or that edible glitter sprinkled around the top..........and poke some of those gold foil covered chocolates into the sides.

Gennynut 03-12-2012 05:24 PM

We make an Irish meal every St Pats. Boiled cabbage, corned beef, potatoes, carrots and leeks, soda bread. Dessert is always a problem. This year I decided to make one I saw online. It is a frozen dessert so that means I can make it ahead. It is called Festive Mint Cream Dessert. It can be found at www.tasteofhome.com.

just janet 03-13-2012 05:22 AM

I make a jello pistachio pudding cake:- Mix 1 box of pistachio instant pudding to a box of white cake mix. Add 1/2 tsp almond extract, 4 eggs, 1 1/4 cups water, 1/4 cup oil and 3 drops green food coloring (optional) Bake in a greased & floured bundt pan for 45 - 50 minutes in a 350 degree oven. I add powdered sugar to the top before serving. I have also served it with pistachio ice cream and a little cool whip or whipped cream.

IdahoSandy 03-13-2012 07:41 AM

Take a white/yellow cake mix and add green food coloring or a chocolate cake with green frosting.

QuiltE 03-13-2012 07:50 AM

Decorate the top of the cakes with green gumdrops sliced ... then arranged as shamrocks!

nancia 03-14-2012 01:26 AM

i make a cake in the large pan, and when cool, i poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon, and then pour green jello over the top and let it seep into the holes. for more fun, pour the green jello into some holes directly, and pour yellow jello into other holes. chill to set the jello. frost with cool-whip or whipped cream and decorate how you will. it is always a fun surprise to your family and guests. happy st. pat's!!

WMUTeach 03-14-2012 05:20 AM

I have served really good vanilla ice cream with Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. Just a light dusting of green sugar, like you would use on sugar cookies and Taa-Daa!! the green of Ireland and mint flavor that makes you think green. If you don't have your supply of thin mint cookies, I have seen others in the grocery that are similar.

annt59 03-14-2012 06:17 PM

Watergate salad is green.
Recipe is on Google and the pistachio instant pudding box.