Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Super easy cake using only two ingredients (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/super-easy-cake-using-only-two-ingredients-t199915.html)

grammy of 6 09-10-2012 05:48 AM

OK another silly question. Do you use the drained pineapple with the angel food mix or the cake mix or both?

QuiltE 09-10-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by grammy of 6 (Post 5503896)
OK another silly question. Do you use the drained pineapple with the angel food mix or the cake mix or both?

It's UNDRAINED crushed pineapple with the angel food mix

grammy of 6 09-10-2012 06:24 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! I meant undrained. :)

kay carlson 09-10-2012 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 5503757)
I made a Spice Cake Mix with Pumpkin and it was awesome and yes it is a Weight Watchers Cake.

I use one 18 ounce box yellow cake mix (dry) and 4 to 5 tsps. pumpkin pie spice to create the spice cake mix.

Combine above with one 15 ounce can solid pumpkin.

For mental health improvement, fold in one cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.................*disclaimer: not low calorie

Place in baking container. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon/sugar mixture to improve appearance.

Bake 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes/muffins
or
Bake 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Makes four loaves (5.75 in. by 3.0 in)

quiltinjennie 09-10-2012 06:41 AM

MMMM - applie pie filling - - - - - I bet that a carmel or butterscotch sauce/topping would be delicious placed on each slice on a pretty autumn plate :)

Mariposa 09-10-2012 06:45 AM

Sounds interesting! May give it a try.. :)

Roberta 09-10-2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by grammydar (Post 5500246)
Well How does it taste?
do you mix it thoroughly or just until moist?
Did you frost it?
Cant wait to try it, but it will have to wait til tomorrow I think!

I can personally say it's great. While just a little too sweet for my taste, my DH loved it and ate 1/2 of it in one sitting.

When I first put the two ingredients together I thought no way this is going to be wet enough to pour into a pan but amazingly it was.

I wouldn't frost it myself, would only make it sweeter, but DH topped his with whipped cream.

LenaBeena 09-10-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie C (Post 5502637)
As a Weight Watcher, I was very intrigued when I saw Angel Food cake!! That is one W.W. treat I allow myself on the weekends. Thank you so much to everyone for all the fantastic varieties. I am presently down 37 pounds, four dress sizes and my knees DON'T HURT ANYMORE!! Life is great - I've just turned 60 and celebrated by going Zip Lining at Hunter Mountain in New York!! There will be Apple Angel Food Cake for dessert Saturday!

Good for you! I just started with WW and need some tips for recipes, especially snacks that are low in points as my tummy rumbles a lot before meals. :)

Grammy-Gram 09-10-2012 08:08 AM

I recently started doing the Weight Watchers program again and this was one of the recipes the leader brought in. Her recipe called for the box of angel food cake and light blueberry pie filling and then, each two inch square is only 2 points for those of us on WW. I tried it with Light Cherry pie filling because I couldn't find the light blueberry and let me tell you, this is absolutely delicious. I have to admit that I love Angel Food cake anyway, but this is very, very good and it's so nice to know that it is something we can really enjoy and still stay on program. Lucille

Pat Grant 09-10-2012 08:47 AM

I am going to make this tomorrow!