Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Swiss Chicken Bake (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/swiss-chicken-bake-t222568.html)

sandilee 05-29-2013 09:49 PM

Swiss Chicken Bake

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't tried this yet but will next week. This is my kind of recipe. Put it all in the oven and let it bake with baked potatoes and a complete meal!
I will have to use my math and decrease it to only 2 pieces since its just hubby and me.This will make a great meal for a crowd, too
[ATTACH=CONFIG]416145[/ATTACH]

Swiss Chicken Bake

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
sprinkle of seasoned salt
sprinkle of black pepper
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/ 2 cup milk
3 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix, dry - do not prepare it (I used Pepperidge Farm, but any will work)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Arrange the chicken breasts in a 9"x13" baking dish that has been sprayed well with nonstick spray. Sprinkle each one with just a little seasoned salt and black pepper. Lay a slice of Swiss cheese over each chicken breast.

Mix the soup with the 1/2 cup milk and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle the top evenly with the stuffing mix. Drizzle the stuffing evenly with the melted butter. Cover tightly with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. Uncover and allow to brown just a little for about 8-10 minutes.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-30-2013 03:14 AM

It does sound good.

pocoellie 05-30-2013 03:55 AM

Sounds delicious and easy, my way of cooking. LOL Thanks, will have to try it.

mary705 05-30-2013 08:05 AM

I've made this before, gets our thumbs up. If you have a toaster oven, the leftover heats and re-crisps well after 10 minutes or so.

luv-e 05-30-2013 09:09 AM

Sandi, this sounds like what will be for dinner tonite! Thanks

matraina 05-30-2013 09:30 AM

I've made this several times, also using Pepperidge Farm , and we all love it. I won't decrease anything in it. Either use it for more than 1 night or freeze what you don't use.

quiltjoey 05-30-2013 09:38 AM

Sounds delicious! I think I will make it for our guild meeting. I am thinking of using canned chicken breast and substituting almond milk and using Vegan Smart Balance for the butter. I'm allergic to dairy. Will cook it tomorrow for supper (going out this evening with friends) and see how it is before I serve it to the guild members! Thanks for sharing!:)

mjhaess 05-31-2013 04:47 AM

I have made this and it is an awesome recipe....Enjoy...

corklass44 05-31-2013 08:13 AM

Wow. This sounds really good. I'm tempted to toss in some frozen peas and carrots around the chicken breasts then add the soup and cheese and top the whole thing with the stuffing mix. That way I have added a veggie without haveing to dirty an extra pot. I am sooooo lazy.

bakermom 05-31-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by corklass44 (Post 6095786)
Wow. This sounds really good. I'm tempted to toss in some frozen peas and carrots around the chicken breasts then add the soup and cheese and top the whole thing with the stuffing mix. That way I have added a veggie without haveing to dirty an extra pot. I am sooooo lazy.

I add a pkg. of broccoli or California blend veggies to make it a one dish meal. That's not being lazy-it's conserving energy-YOURS