Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What's for dinner?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/whats-dinner-t124313.html)

stephaniequeen 05-19-2011 02:03 PM

Sometimes I quilt and loose track of time and all of a sudden it's dinner time. {{{Needless to say I have to make something.}}} I'm sure this happens to everyone at some time or another. What I'd like to know, can you give me an easy recipe, with few ingredients, to make for dinner on one of these days??

Carrie Jo 05-19-2011 02:04 PM

I threw steaks and corn on the cob and fresh asperagas on the grill.. no mess in the house that way.

cjomomma 05-19-2011 02:05 PM

Chicken on a bed of green salad.

ssgramma 05-19-2011 02:36 PM

Not much! We went up to Glendale, KY antiquing today and had lunch at The Whistlestop Cafe and PIE! Calico Pie because we had never had it. Butterscotch layer, chocolate layer, coconut layer and the best merengue. We are still overstuffed after walking around all afternoon through the shops.

hopetoquilt 05-19-2011 03:39 PM

Paninis: so long as you have cheese, you can throw anything else in there. Tomato, cheese and basil is awesome. I have also made ones with eggs and one with chicken.

Breakfast for dinner: french toast is great.

I make meals and divide them into pie dishes. I use one and freeze the others. Works really well with eggplant parm and lasagne

Spaghetti or ravioli with frozen meatballs and a vegetable

These are all things that I make for my boys and husband. I eat clean (no dairy, sugar, flour, processed foods, caffeine, alcohol or fatty foods) so I have my own very specific list of go to foods...

I also made a 28 day map of meals and stick to it. It makes creating a grocery list and shopping a snap. It is so easy. I also throw a few easy meals in freezer for emergencies

Hope this helps...

craftybear 05-19-2011 06:29 PM

wow, what a great idea for a 28 day meal plans

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
Paninis: so long as you have cheese, you can throw anything else in there. Tomato, cheese and basil is awesome. I have also made ones with eggs and one with chicken.

I make meals and divide them into pie dishes. I use one and freeze the others. Works really well with eggplant parm and lasagne

These are all things that I make for my boys and husband. I eat clean (no dairy, sugar, flour, processed foods, caffeine, alcohol or fatty foods) so I have my own very specific list of go to foods...

I also made a 28 day map of meals and stick to it. It makes creating a grocery list and shopping a snap. It is so easy. I also throw a few easy meals in freezer for emergencies

Hope this helps...

calano1 05-19-2011 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt

Hope this helps...

Goodness!! You must be very organised!!!

Sweeterthanwine 05-19-2011 09:41 PM

One of mine is chili dogs: all you need are hot dog buns, your favorite type of hot dog and a can of whatever you like chili. Can put cheese and onions on it if you like. Quick and easy.

Diana Lynne 05-20-2011 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by stephaniequeen
Sometimes I quilt and loose track of time and all of a sudden it's dinner time. {{{Needless to say I have to make something.}}} I'm sure this happens to everyone at some time or another. What I'd like to know, can you give me an easy recipe, with few ingredients, to make for dinner on one of these days??

Golosh :D ...Its just noodles, hamburger meat, tomato sauce and paste and water and of course seasonings :wink: ...Takes less than an hour to cook..

calano1 05-20-2011 04:27 AM

Wanted to add earlier ....
Curry & Rice is our go-to dish -- 20 minutes flat --- and it is njammies!!!!

**Rice obviously ...
**Fry some minced meat (beef/pork/chicken) with onions.
Add curry, cumin, coriander and if you like it hot, some chillies.
Add a tin of mixed veggies.
Some raisins, chutney if you want.
Heap ladles full on a boat-load of rice ... and slice some bananas on top.
Coconut milk adds exotic taste.