Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Rosemary >

Rosemary

Rosemary

Old 06-04-2016, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
It is used a lot in Mediterranean cooking. When I use a medley of herbs I find the Simon and Garfunkel song really does taste yummy - parsley sage rosemary and thyme. These four herbs add a lot of flavor.
I always sing this when I'm making spaghetti sauce. All 4 spices go into my sauce, along with a lot of meat.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

I like the smell at first but boy it has to be quick and outside. None of it on my foods. I get stuffed up quick.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:49 AM

I make a cream of carrot and rosemary soup that's really good. Basically, make a cream of carrot soup and then put a couple of sprigs of rosemary in at the end and let simmer for a few minutes until you get the amount of rosemary flavour that you're after, then remove the sprigs. Finish the soup with a little swirl of cream and a tiny sprig of Rosemary.
Voila, everyone thinks you're a miracle worker.

Watson
Old 06-04-2016, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I make a cream of carrot and rosemary soup that's really good. Basically, make a cream of carrot soup and then put a couple of sprigs of rosemary in at the end and let simmer for a few minutes until you get the amount of rosemary flavour that you're after, then remove the sprigs. Finish the soup with a little swirl of cream and a tiny sprig of Rosemary.
Voila, everyone thinks you're a miracle worker.

Watson
Never tried cream of carrot soup, but sounds like I will have to find a good recipe for it....
Old 06-05-2016, 11:38 PM

Chop leaves very fine and mix into soft butter, regriferate - use butter on veggies, i.e., carrots, baked potatoes, etc. Also can use the leaves on biscuits or home made breads. Drop a sprig into your spaghetti/marinara sauce for extra flavor. Or, put a dried sprig into your lingerie drawer along with dried lavender sprigs. Smells real nice.