Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sardines, love them or hate them?

Gag, gasp, hork, choak........They look and smell so nasty. My heritage is 50% norweigan but no way am I a fan.

I enjoy sardines (in oil) with a bit of mayo, either on saltines, or some grainy bread and salt & pepper~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries

sardines, love or hate them

To be honest, I have never tried them and never would, its like eating raw fish. My dh used to love them.

Love em, love em, love em. I haven't had them in years. Straight out of the can! Guess I'll pick some up tomorrow

Blog Entries
    I can't stand the smell of them. My husband eats them when I am away ... apparently the three cats are quite an audience for him when he opens the can!

Thumbs up

EEEEEWWW gross! My DH just loves them.

I'm glad this came up because I generally don't think to buy them but I do like them now and then, and they're supposedly good for us. They remind me of my dad who served as a medic in WW2 for 3 years, and I think he lived on canned goods the whole time. When I was a kid, if he went to the grocery store he would bring home sardines, canned Vienna sausages (I suspect the Viennese people cringe at that name!), and - of course - Spam.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by luce321 View Post
    To be honest, I have never tried them and never would, its like eating raw fish. My dh used to love them.
    Nope, sorry. I have to correct this in case it makes anyone else nervous about eating them. Nothing that comes in a can is raw. Canning is a heat process. Sardines are so thoroughly cooked that their bones are soft and considered edible. Eating them gives you a healthy dose of calcium. Crunch, crunch. I guess it's an acquired taste.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Well drat. It's the second time today I've double posted, and I don't have a clue why it's happening. Sorry.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

I better get some tomorrow. If it wasn't so late I'd get some for night lunch. I love them right out of the can, but sometimes I have them for lunch on a plate with a nice heep of cottage cheese & some tomatoe slices & some sliced sweet onion. I am also going to try some of the ideas you all have. I always get the ones in spring water but I'm going to try the ones in olive oil.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast