Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Simply Sinful Cinnamon Muffins

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Sounds yummy! I better make some and soon!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I found cinnamon chips at Walmart today. They were on a shelf of baking supplies in the middle of the isle close to the baking goods. I had tried at 3 different grocery stores and none of them had heard of them.
    Jothesewer

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
    They are made by Hershey's and are a combo of chocolate and cinnamon...yummy!!!
    I have about 8 bags of cinnamon chips that I got on clearance last year after the holidays. This would be a great recipe to use them with. I don't believe however, that they have any chocolate in them . . . more like cinnamon drop the size of a chocolate chip. The base could possibly be white chocolate infused with cinnamon but no chocolate flavor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ncredbird View Post
    I have about 8 bags of cinnamon chips that I got on clearance last year after the holidays. This would be a great recipe to use them with. I don't believe however, that they have any chocolate in them . . . more like cinnamon drop the size of a chocolate chip. The base could possibly be white chocolate infused with cinnamon but no chocolate flavor at all.
    You are correct! I was looking at the description of cinnamon chips from a different company! I am still hunting for more because these muffins are so good! Do you remember the store you found them in? I think my DH found them at a Grocery Outlet and their inventory changes all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
    You are correct! I was looking at the description of cinnamon chips from a different company! I am still hunting for more because these muffins are so good! Do you remember the store you found them in? I think my DH found them at a Grocery Outlet and their inventory changes all the time!

I believe it was WalMart but we also have a little market locally called Go Grocery that gets clearance items and I do pop in there occasionally. WalMart would be my first guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ncredbird View Post
    I believe it was WalMart but we also have a little market locally called Go Grocery that gets clearance items and I do pop in there occasionally. WalMart would be my first guess.
    Thanks!!! Next time I go to WalMart, I will check it out - it is at least a 90 mile round trip for me, so I don't just pop over there! My kids say I live in B*E! When it comes to shopping, they are right

I've seen the cinnamon chips in grocery stores, but never tried them.

I searched for the cinnamon chips at three stores and then just two days ago while at Wally World, I found them in the seasonal display in the middle of the aisle. Haven't made these yet but will soon. Thanks for posting this recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    I searched for the cinnamon chips at three stores and then just two days ago while at Wally World, I found them in the seasonal display in the middle of the aisle. Haven't made these yet but will soon. Thanks for posting this recipe.
    I am so glad you found them. I can only find cinnamon chips during the holiday season, so I stock up now for the rest of the year. I hope you like the recipe as much as we do!! You are so very welcome - I love sharing recipes and don't understand folks who won't share.

I found the cinnamon chips today and printed the recipe. Hope to try them out this weekend. Thanks again for the recipe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast