Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
So what is cooking for Easter at your house? >

So what is cooking for Easter at your house?

So what is cooking for Easter at your house?

Old 03-30-2015, 11:50 PM

We are going to a Newcomers Brunch so I need to take something. If you have good ideas for a brunch item, please let me know - maybe something different than the usual...
Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

We always have a spiral cut ham. Drooling already.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:04 PM

Ham, sweet potatoes, gingered carrots, home canned green beans, and as requested by the GKs, broccoli w/cheese, okra to fry from a friend's freezer. a ricey-pea casserole and a Jell-O salad like mom used to make.
I make a white sheet cake, cut it into three long strips and shape it into a cross, frost with white frosting topped w/coconut and decorated with jelly beans (much like a bunny cake made from round cakes). I also like the sound of the birdnests that Tartan mentioned. May have to try those too. Oh, and Sister Schubert's rolls.

Last edited by Slow2Sew; 04-01-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
I have two daughters. One is 250 miles away and can't make it home due to work responsibilities; the other is 30 minutes away and extremely diet conscious. Only other family is in Florida so Easter Dinner will be non-traditional. A big salad, asparagus, yellow squash, yams and a roast. Dessert is most likely going to be angel food cake with assorted berries. Lost my dad four months ago, so the holidays are feeling quite empty.
Sorry for the loss of your dear father. My family felt quite lost when our mom passed. So the next holiday we just made all her favorites, even if they weren't "holiday special." We loved sharing her recipes again and felt very comforted.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up Thank you for all your ideas and help!

I ended up buying a ham and a leg of lamb. The ham went into the crock pot with 1 cup of water and about 3 cups of frozen pineapple chunks. I carved the ham down to fit into the crock pot. the leg of lamb ended up in a Dutch cast iron pot on the stove. the ham was maybe not all the way warm and the lamb maybe a bit over done but not bad and no one complained. The kids are eating their candy right now and the adults are setting up for a family picture.