Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soft Pretzels....

Blog Entries
    these are simple and very good...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

When my oldest son (32 years old now) was in pre school, he came home one day all excited because they had made pretzels. He asked if we could make some. Well, I got out my cookbook and and found a recipe and said okay. At the time he was 5 and his brother was 1. We spent the morning and part of the afternoon making pretzels. When we were all done,my son looked at the pretzels and said "those aren't like the one we made at school" I asked what was different. He said they made the ones that had the white candy on them. He wanted the regular pretzels that were dipped in almond bark. Every year for Christmas I make him the ones with the almond bark on them and he always smiles because he remembers the day we made real pretzels.

Quote Originally Posted by whispers38
    When my oldest son (32 years old now) was in pre school, he came home one day all excited because they had made pretzels. He asked if we could make some. Well, I got out my cookbook and and found a recipe and said okay. At the time he was 5 and his brother was 1. We spent the morning and part of the afternoon making pretzels. When we were all done,my son looked at the pretzels and said "those aren't like the one we made at school" I asked what was different. He said they made the ones that had the white candy on them. He wanted the regular pretzels that were dipped in almond bark. Every year for Christmas I make him the ones with the almond bark on them and he always smiles because he remembers the day we made real pretzels.
    Nice memory.

Blog Entries
    I grew up in South Jersey. Everytime we went "into the city"(Philly) (we don't have real doctors, departments stores, etc where I'm from, lol)We would always get soft pretzels from the street vendors. Nothing beats coming home from and exhausting day of visiting museums, the doctor, or maybe even the zoo than a fresh soft pretzel with a touch of mustard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
    I grew up in South Jersey. Everytime we went "into the city"(Philly) (we don't have real doctors, departments stores, etc where I'm from, lol)We would always get soft pretzels from the street vendors. Nothing beats coming home from and exhausting day of visiting museums, the doctor, or maybe even the zoo than a fresh soft pretzel with a touch of mustard.
    Yes Mustard! pretzels should be served with mustard! People around here act like it is the strangest thing.
    Go to the mall and they try to get you to get caramel, I say no, you have mustard, I get a weird look (teenagers)
    went to the zoo, got a pretzel. They didn't have mustard, she looked at me funny and asked why I wanted mustard.

Oh a salty pretzel with mustard sounds nice right now, and the above post about making them at home makes me wonder if I could.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CloverPatch
    Quote Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
    Yes Mustard! pretzels should be served with mustard! People around here act like it is the strangest thing.
    Go to the mall and they try to get you to get caramel, I say no, you have mustard, I get a weird look (teenagers)
    went to the zoo, got a pretzel. They didn't have mustard, she looked at me funny and asked why I wanted mustard.

Oh a salty pretzel with mustard sounds nice right now, and the above post about making them at home makes me wonder if I could.
    Some of those things they have at the mall are too freaky. The Pretzel are doughie like donuts.The don't have the texture pretzels should have. Then they want to put chocolate, sugar & cinnamon, powdered sugar on the Pretzel!!! Any self respecting pretzel would run the heck away from the fluff and straight to the spicy brown, yellow if they couldn't but at least it was mustard

I like them with parmesan cheese on them.

Blog Entries
    Philly pretzels and Philly cream cheese! 'Nuff said!

I love pretzels....am going to have to try making these!

Have had pretzels dipped in cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard, and also in chocolate...all are delicious!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast