Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Tomatoe sauce from scratch >

Tomatoe sauce from scratch

Tomatoe sauce from scratch

Old 06-22-2015, 07:47 AM

I didn't de-skin or de-seed the tomatoes. I figured, all of it has some nutritional value. The blender did a good job of puree so everything came out smooth and I am telling you, it was delish. Then I made spaghetti pie last night. Here is how I do it. I take whatever was left of the linguine and put it in a large teflon pan, added just a bit of olive oil and let that toast up a bit, then I sprinkled a mix of, romano, Pamisian, and assiago cheese all over it and then added lots of meat sauce, covered and let it heat up real good. It comes out like a pie. It's all gone and blood sugar went way up as I ate too much lol...

Here is how I do the waffles. 3 cups of flour, 3 teas. BP, some olive oil, 4 eggs and enough milk to the consistency you like, then add as many blueberries as you want. Normally we eat our waffles with cheese no syrup as we consider waffles a salt. I bag and refrigerate the rest and when you need one just put in toaster oven. We like them for snacks as well so some times I make a double patch. I butter the waffle iron and just pass the stick over the waffles as they come out.

Last edited by Rosyhf; 06-22-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
And you cook too??? Can I be your best friend?
I was going to say something else, but I forgot what it was. tee hee. (Halfzeiners)
Lol, you are too funny Sew, I forget lots of stuff but it comes back after a while, like late recall lol.....drop in anytime. A lovely lady from Alabama dropped in once when she was in town and we had a nice visit....
Old 06-22-2015, 07:54 AM

Looking at all those tomatoes makes me hungry! Can't wait until they are ripe here in WA State!! And, fried green tomatoes are a MUST
Old 06-22-2015, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by QandE2010 View Post
Both dishes sound soooo yummy. I'm only about 70 miles from you & I'm on my way! LOL
70 miles is not that far really lol...where is that anyway? toward Daytona or the other way?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
From scratch is the only way! Your cooking looks sooo good Rosy. I made muesli bars and walnut swirl biscuits (cookies) today. Can't stand the 'chemical' taste of processed/packaged food.
Good girl! I think people are beginning to realize what good food should really taste like, and that cooking is not the horrible experience it is touted to be. I love my family and want them to eat healthy. I am by no means a fanatic but I do take care and have always cooked and baked and canned a little (jam only) to some extent. I worked 8 hours a day and cooked anyway. Hubby always helped too. It takes two. I have been retired for 10 years now and and nothing has changed except that hubby does all the housework and cleaning lol. I just cook and quilt and paint. Life is good.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
70 miles is not that far really lol...where is that anyway? toward Daytona or the other way?
On I-4 between Orlando & Tampa.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
Here's how I do it, slice tomatoes about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick slices, I spread mine out on wax paper, salt and pepper them. Beat egg and milk in one bowl, put flour in another bowl. Heat grease, only needs to be about 1/2 inch deep, in skillet. When grease hot, dip tomato slice in egg, then flour, then put them in skillet, let them fry a few minutes, turn over to brown other side. When browned remove to paper-towel lined dish to absorb grease drainage, and enjoy! YUM!

Rosy, your tomato sauce sounds and looks yummy, but I could tear up them blueberry waffles, they look REALLY good! LOL!
I also use corn meal with or without flour.

Last edited by sewellie; 06-22-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by QandE2010 View Post
On I-4 between Orlando & Tampa.

Oh ok, just down the road a bit lol.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:47 PM

when I fry green tomatoes I use --- 1 or 2 eggs in bowl salt & pepper - pinch
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornmeal ----- FRY
Old 06-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Yum...Looks great....