Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Two new recipes that are very good. Stuffed peppers and meatloaf.

Blog Entries

Two new recipes that are very good. Stuffed peppers and meatloaf.

I tired this recipe for potluck and not one pepper was left. DH said it was great. He isn't a picky eater and never complains so I try to cook several of his favorites every now and then. I usually don't make stuffed peppers from scratch. The filling is way more then you need for four peppers, it will fill about 8 so double will make about 16 peppers. I cut the peppers in half longways so they will fill the dish better.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/O...ycode=ZPIN0713

I found this meatloaf recipe online and gave it a try. DH loves meatloaf, I don't like making it. I thought well if he likes this I won't mind making it after a fabric buying spree. LOL

1 lb ground beef
    1 egg
    1 cup water
    1 box stuffing mix, I used Stove Top.

Mix and bake 350 degrees in loaf pan for about 45 min.

It was very moist and full of flavor. I added bacon strips across the top. DH liked it and that man knows his meatloaf.
    Got fabric?

mmmmm never thought to use stove top I need to try this I love stuff peppers

yummy..thanks for the recipe..

Thank you, my DH loves stuffed peppers. I have to fix this one for him. Sure sounds good.

I love stuffed green peppers and meatloaf. I use the recipe for meatloaf that was on the quacker oats box. So I use oatmeal instead of bread crumbs. With the leftovers we heat a slice and make sandwiches. I love meatloaf and make it often.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I made an "Unstuffed green pepper casserole today using the following recipe:

http://www.grandparents.com/food-and...pper-casserole

Be sure to make alot if your family likes stuffed peppers. Just a lot easier to make to me. The peppers came out of our garden today...

We have an abundance of peppers and I was going to just blanch slices and freeze them, but that seems like a really good recipe for stuffed peppers; I can do them in the electric skillet and not have the oven on except to heat up a crusty loaf of French bread. Hmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like another easy supper to me. Thanx for the post