Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
vita mix recipes >

vita mix recipes

vita mix recipes

Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 AM

i succumbed to QVC yesterday and ordered the Vita Mix. Do any of you have one? Do you have any recipes.
Thanks,
Jo Ann
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
np3
Power Poster

I have a big recipe book that I bought when I got mine. I didn't watch QVC so I don't know if they sell that anymore or not. We used it a lot when we first got it, but more like a blender now.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned

I bought one while I still lived in NYC 14+ years ago; box still unopened
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 AM

i bought one 10 years ago. best kitchen purchase i ever made. i use it about 350 days a year. i make my breakfast drinks it it. it literally pulverizes everything. you can make your own flour in there, well just about anything really. it should come with a recipe book to get you started. it is a fantastic apparatus.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 AM

i bought one 10 years ago. best kitchen purchase i ever made. i use it about 350 days a year. i make my breakfast drinks it it. it literally pulverizes everything. you can make your own flour in there, well just about anything really. it should come with a recipe book to get you started. it is a fantastic apparatus.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 PM

OMG, the Vitamix is amazing.....love mine....use it all the time meaning each and everyday. You can do anything with it from chopping, shreading, juices, smoothies, ice cream,cocktails, hot soups (yes, leaving your vitamix running for about 7 minutes or so will make your soup hot and ready to eat. It does everything you can think of when you use the right way. You can grind meat and on and on. Our daughters made their own babyfoods with theirs. No additives, no preservatives, no things you can't pronounce. Only pure natural food.

You can go on the vitamix website and they have tons of recipes and google vitamix recipes and you should find tons of websites with recipes and ideas. Don't be afraid to think up your own ideas that would please yourself and your family. I have yet to find anything to fail. Fresh vegetables work great and even if you don't like some veges but know it's good for you....you probably won't even taste it in the mix you create making it so healthy.

We like to eat our food in as natural a form as possible. You can create anything you can think of with it. Plus all you have to do for cleanup it put a bit of dishsoap and water in it and put it back on the machine and whirl away and you are done.

No don't work for them but sure wish we had stock in that company......love, love that machine!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:54 AM

Love, Love, Love our Vitamix. Friend told me how her son stopped with allergy medicines after getting theirs. I got it since I have 2 health nut sons with protein shakes. I use it to get down my vegetables. Blend them raw and drink. Still has all the fiber. I got recipe book when I got ours. So many great recipes. Kids favorite is the Pizza Soup. Son wants one when he graduates college to take with him.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:36 PM

I don't have any recipes. I just wanted to say that I ordered one from QVC also and I just can't wait to get it. Can you believe that it will really do all of the things they showed.I especially want to make ice cream with it.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 PM

So glad to have a fellow-QVC shopper. I have seen it demonstrated at Costco and it did all the things that are advertised. I have been reading about a "dry blade"........I wonder if that is something we might need? I can't wait also. I keep reading about it online and looking up recipes.
Jo Ann
Old 01-25-2011, 06:07 PM

Have heard nothing but good things about the Vitamix. Would love to be able to be able to afford such a machine!! Use yours in good health!!