Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What are you making with your holiday leftovers?

I will make ham, spinach, and cheese quishe from the leftover ham. I froze 1/2 of the ham after cooking it. It was boneless and very tasty. Made shepards pie with the leftover mashed potatoes and corn/peas. Just cooked some hamburger and layered it with some veggies some cheese shreads and covered it with mashed potatoes. Have a breakfast brunch at church for Sunday-so either of these dishes can be frozen and used for that unless we eat them first- then I make another! I will be using the crockpot more as it is winter and I like to have meals ready when everybody gets home, farmers don't keep schedules very well-so planning can be a bit difficult sometimes. The pepperoni buns above sound very interesting, I'll be watching for info on them!

I made "champagne basted turkey" a vintage recipe I've used since 1965, and then hubby made gumbo with leftovers minus some white meat slices which we held out for eating. All turned out delish.

I am making cheesy ham and potato soup.

I'm making turkey enchiladas with the leftover turkey. Turkey soup with the carcass and sweet potato bread with the left over sweet potatoes.
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

WHAT LEFTOVERS ????? I had four teen age grandsons here.
    Kaye Jacobson Salverda

I may come to N Y next year to find a feast like that!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3