Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
What are you making with your holiday leftovers? >

What are you making with your holiday leftovers?

What are you making with your holiday leftovers?

Old 12-26-2012, 05:08 AM

Default What are you making with your holiday leftovers?

I cooked a boneless turkey breast yesterday in the crockpot (slowcooker). Only two ingredients - the turkey and organic vegetable broth. Turned out really delicious, moist and tender. 3 hours on high, then 5 hours on low. Oven roasted vege's, dinner rolls and pumpkin pie. Kept it simple this year.

There was only 3 of us eating on it so there's quite a bit left.

Thinking about making turkey and dumplings for supper. Kept quite a bit of the broth yesterday so will use that for the soup base. Add some carrots to it, dice up the turkey into bite size pieces. I will make the dumplings from low fat Bisquick.

When my youngest was about 7 or 8, he was helping me cook supper and we were using leftovers. He told everyone we were making supper from scraps! Can you tell his mother is a quilter!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 AM

I cooked for two....no leftovers except for one meals' worth for DH tonight. Prior to baking, I cut the pork loin in half and froze one half for later. I hate leftovers that hang around for days...ugh! (Except cookies!)

Sandy
Old 12-26-2012, 05:37 AM

My leftovers don't need revamping. I made roulades (tradition) with mashed potatoes and sour cream gravy. Then after dinner I made pepperoni rolls (another tradition). I sent some leftovers home with daughter, some in fridge for my son that will probably be gone by the time I get home from work and then some came to work with me. Well, I did save a small amount of potatoes out to make potato pancakes tomorrow on my day off so I guess that's the closest thing to revamping leftovers. Love Bisquick for dumplings, I know the old fashion way by scrap but this makes it so easy and it's the way I taught my daughter to make them. Which was the easiest way for her. I hope everyone had a great holiday and please stay safe out there this week. Now on Friday I'll help celebrate my only daughters 24th birthday; she's my baby and has 4 brothers that came before her. I always take off work for her. Her oldest brother is in his early 40's so I had given up on a girl when she came along. I'm so blessed.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

I sent leftovers home with my son.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble .... soup is brewing in the crockpot!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:38 AM

We did a seafood fest yesterday. We had crab legs, jumbo shrimp, muscles and clams. There were not many left overs. But I did have a lot of left over desserts and those went home with my dd's boyfriend.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:33 PM

Had some warmed up tonight and will probably make turkey croquettes with some of the turkey. They are so time intensive though!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:43 PM

Making potato dumplings with the left over potatoes.......... cut way down this year on everything. Just a few other leftovers that can be warmed up........... Kids and grand kids took their share of candy and cookies home.... Son has said he will take any candy and cookies that are left on Sunday to a Packer game party.........
Old 12-26-2012, 08:19 PM

I baked a ham, so today I fixed a new england dinner. I love roulades, do you do the German version. We spent 6 years there so learned a lot of the cooking.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:00 AM

Judy, Please post your recipe for pepperoni buns. My father has past and we love them, this was his speciality. thanks gennie