Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
What's for dinner? >

What's for dinner?

What's for dinner?

Old 02-21-2016, 02:01 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
Default What's for dinner?

Today has been a laundry/kitchen cleanup/change the linen day interspersed with reading book 4 of the Outlander series. I'm having an early quick dinner of a bowl of home baked potato topped with a small container of Wendy's chili, topped a dollop of Daisy sour cream, salt and pepper. SO thankful Wendy's created this dish -- which I, at least, had never thought of before them - - because it saves me often enough when I'm just not gonna cook something, no matter what! I like this chili their way, on potatoes, but not particularly by itself because I'd like it a bit thicker, maybe with more beans.

So what sort of "fast food" do you use/add to/mix with for occasional lunch/dinner? (Is that linner? Or maybe dunch?)

Ummmm, warm tummy here.

Jan in VA
Old 02-21-2016, 02:31 PM

meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas.. for dessert egg custard pie.. no fast food here..
Old 02-21-2016, 02:45 PM

Jan, that sounds good! We've recently been having frozen pizza for an easy "fill in" supper. There are a couple brands that we've found that are pretty tasty. We are in Texas for the winter in our motor home and like to go out for lunch and enjoy the local seafood. These are pretty big lunches but still feel like something by dinner time. Quick and easy!
Old 02-21-2016, 05:32 PM

That sounds good. I love Wendy's chili. We went out and I had a fish sandwich with sweet potato fries.

i don't embellish my fast food or repurpose it, just eat it as it comes. Recently I saw a Taco Bell "lasagna" that someone made out on the internet. They took apart the soft shell tacos, layered the tortillas then the fillings on top. Then used whole soft burritos and put those on top of the taco parts, covered with grated cheese, added more undone tortillas, etc etc. Then baked it like lasagna. It looked good and I'd eat it! I believe they said it cost $80 to make. So that's just dumb to make mexican lasagna that way.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:00 PM

I like a good old beef patty cheeseburger with all the fixins when I just don't wan't to cook. We have a restaurant here that makes the best ones from fresh ground beef. I don't eat meat or fish from any fast food chain. I do like Wendy's potatoes. Tonight we had lasagna, boiled okra, broccoli and cheese, garlic bread.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:28 PM

let's see, what did I have? A handful of peanuts, a little cottage cheese, a little spinach with red peppers and onion dressing, 2 crackers with swiss cheese, and a brownie. Can you tell I live alone?
Old 02-21-2016, 09:41 PM

Our Wendy's quit serving the chili baked potato - no idea why because I used to get that or the broccoli cheese potato. They also had a Cesar pita too that was quite good. It never occurred to me to bring their chili home. Great idea!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:15 AM

Bisquick chicken pot pie, garlic biscuits, and cake mix cookies.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

I usually "cook" something, like a piece of meat in the George Foreman, and a bag of frozen vegetables in the microwave. Maybe a salad. Not exactly fast food, but, pretty quick. I like a McDonald's Happy Meal a couple times a year, but, at the store or in the car, so it is hot. Once a week we go to Whole Foods (Mr. Stitchnripper has food sensitivities so we get some products there we can't get elsewhere) and get prepared food to bring home for later. Different every week.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
That sounds good. I love Wendy's chili. We went out and I had a fish sandwich with sweet potato fries.

i don't embellish my fast food or repurpose it, just eat it as it comes. Recently I saw a Taco Bell "lasagna" that someone made out on the internet. They took apart the soft shell tacos, layered the tortillas then the fillings on top. Then used whole soft burritos and put those on top of the taco parts, covered with grated cheese, added more undone tortillas, etc etc. Then baked it like lasagna. It looked good and I'd eat it! I believe they said it cost $80 to make. So that's just dumb to make mexican lasagna that way.

Agree totally dumb, but, that's probably because that someone doesn't know how to cook or too lazy to cook and clean after. Some just have a kitchen 'cause it came with the house!