Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
"White Trash" >

"White Trash"

"White Trash"

Old 12-15-2011, 03:17 PM

Default "White Trash"

I didn't name the recipe, so can't take the credit or the blame. Do NOT make this unless you accept the responsibility of total addiction to the stuff. Here goes:

4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
1 cup salted peanuts
2 cups pretzel sticks
1 lb. M&M candies
1 1/2 lbs. white chocolate

Mix everything but white chocolate in large pan (like a turkey roaster). Carefully melt white chocolate. Pour over dry mixture and toss. Spread on waxed paper and refrigerate one hour. Break into pieces. Store in airtight containers if there is any left. Ho, ho, ho....ENJOY!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:51 PM

Mmmmmmmmm, sounds delicious!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 PM

Here is the recipe but we changed the name for our church group:> I is sooooo good!
No Bake Church Goodies
2 cups toasted rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
2 cups peanut butter-flavored corn and oat cereal (such as Captain Crunch)
2 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups chopped pecans (mixed nuts can also be used)
1-1/2 pounds white chocolate, chopped
2 C. M&M

Directions
1. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine toasted rice cereal, peanut-butter flavored corn and oat cereal, marshmallows and pecans.
3. Place chopped chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Microwave on HIGH for about 3 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir until smooth.
4. Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture and stir until coated. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm. Cut into 24 squares. I like to drop this by a teaspoon onto a sheet of waxed paper for drop cookies instead of bar cookies. You can also add other things to this recipe like coconut… Your choice:>
Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM

there are a couple of "white trash " cookbooks out that are just hilarious!!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
I didn't name the recipe, so can't take the credit or the blame. Do NOT make this unless you accept the responsibility of total addiction to the stuff. Here goes:

4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
1 cup salted peanuts
2 cups pretzel sticks
1 lb. M&M candies
1 1/2 lbs. white chocolate

Mix everything but white chocolate in large pan (like a turkey roaster). Carefully melt white chocolate. Pour over dry mixture and toss. Spread on waxed paper and refrigerate one hour. Break into pieces. Store in airtight containers if there is any left. Ho, ho, ho....ENJOY!
I think I will try this. Sounds like something that could be shipped and remain really good.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by vjjo743 View Post
I think I will try this. Sounds like something that could be shipped and remain really good.
It absolutely will, if there's any left to ship. The ingredients aren't that impressive but so good together.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:23 AM

I love this stuff and will be making lots for the Holidays and giving it away. Thanks for sharing
Merry Christmas
Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 AM

My very sweet Aunt in her late 80's made several batches for her Church fundraiser a few weeks ago. She thought the name was "interesting"! Anyone know where the name came from? In the 70's we used to make "garbage bread"- miscellaneous deli meats and cheeses spread onto rolled out bread dough, rolled and baked. Sort of a stromboli. Working in a deli part time I was able to only afford the ends of newly opened hams, etc. as we needed full sized slices to make deli platters.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
My very sweet Aunt in her late 80's made several batches for her Church fundraiser a few weeks ago. She thought the name was "interesting"! Anyone know where the name came from? In the 70's we used to make "garbage bread"- miscellaneous deli meats and cheeses spread onto rolled out bread dough, rolled and baked. Sort of a stromboli. Working in a deli part time I was able to only afford the ends of newly opened hams, etc. as we needed full sized slices to make deli platters.
I got the recipe at least 10 years ago from my sister-in-law who worked as a teacher's aide in the center NYS area. So maybe it's even a "local thing". Interesting about the "garbage bread". I know exactly what you are talking about but never heard it called that. As long as I can remember, folks in this area have been taking the frozen bread doughs and putting either pepperoni or cooked sausage in them and then baking.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:56 PM

All of these sound interesting. I usually just make the old fashion Chex Mix receipe and doctor it up so it is spicer.