View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Candace

This one was quite a challenge as I inherited a bag of cut diamond shapes from a quilter who has died. She had pieced the diamonds but I had to assemble them all and do a quite a few "Y" seams. I've decided Y seams aren't my favorite:> Anway, I took a close-up of the intersections to show that the quilter did her best, but they aren't dead on. Also I think she may have cut the blocks a little off as the center motiffs are a tad off...so maybe these were her rejects. Anyhow, I decided to put it together. I love the color combo but wonder if I should call it quits. There's only this one large block. I FOR SURE don't want to add on to it, as I tend to be a perfectionist and this isn't dead on. Should I quilt it and see if it comes to life and make it a wallhanging or even a bread cozy etc? I really don't want to put hours and hours into quilting it if the imperfections in her cutting and piecing drive people nuts. (me included:>) Opinions??
Attached Thumbnails attachment-57301.jpe   attachment-57979.jpe   attachment-58057.jpe   attachment-58058.jpe