View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Woodster

Originally Posted by SunAngel
Originally Posted by sabcoke
Thanks for the great idea. It would also work sewing scrap strips together and doing the same thing. Good scrap quilt idea too. I have so many strips and was trying to figure out how to use them. Have never used a jelly roll, always seemed so expensive. I would just buy 1/4 -1/2 yard of different material and cut the strips. Lots left over.
Now I have my scrap quilt idea! Thanks!
I have such a hard time cutting my own strips. They don't seem to come out very straight. I must be doing something wrong when I try.
This quilt looks like super fun to make...however I am still not quite understanding it all together. I am determined to figure this out though. I like it. It would make a perfect quilt to take to the beach.
Brenda
Do you have one of the suction cup handles that you put on your ruler? I found that it REALLY helps to hold your ruler in one place. I also put some velcro dots on the ruler bottom for added stability. (I understand sand paper dots work well, too).
You can still go off track, but not as often - and slower cutting really helps, too.